Just had one of the hardest conversations of my life..

Discussion in 'General' started by Mosuko, Jul 23, 2012.

1. So I just asked my roomie to move out, and I feel like absolute shit about it. He was one of my closest friends, and I'm now worried this will severely impact on the friendship.

Anyone been in this situation and have some advice to offer?

Peace

2. why did you do that? if its a serious situation you should not feel bad.

3. whyd you dump your boyfriend

4. haha.. Rent issues, house duties and a few more things. As of right now, he owes me over 1k. I know I shouldn't feel too bad, but I do either way.

5. sounds irresponsible

6. Very. I don't really like having to pick up the slack for anyone either, hard enough sorting my own shit out.

7. what was his reaction?

8. Don't feel bad, ask him if you can still be friends, if he is a dick to you about it, well, theres nothing you can do about that. But you did the right thing, kicking him out.

9. He seemed pretty cut up, but agreed with me about it all. It should be alright I reckon. Guess I'll see over the next few weeks though.

10. i have had to kick out roommates before man...it sucks.

i have a 3 bedroom and in two years have had 8 roommates (2 people moved out and back in, then various friends, and then their friends...)

as of now i am living wig my best friend, but unlike you, i have no reason to kick him out to try and foot the bills and rent on a 3 bedroom when its just my girl and i.

moving into my moms while my new place is getting ready for me!

word of advice is don't get roommates, get a 1 bedroom haha

good luck and hope all world out

11. Oh boy it does suck. First time I've had to do, and I never plan to do it again. I can't stand living with people. This is a 2 bedder, but I can afford it myself (and was before he moved in), so I'm pretty happy about it all now. I'll be better off financially too, not having to feed/put a roof over someones head :smoke:

12. [quote name='"Mosuko"']

Oh boy it does suck. First time I've had to do, and I never plan to do it again. I can't stand living with people. This is a 2 bedder, but I can afford it myself (and was before he moved in), so I'm pretty happy about it all now. I'll be better off financially too, not having to feed/put a roof over someones head :smoke:[/quote]

exactly, i have had people take advantage of my kindness and just stay at my place rent free while they save for a new place.

but the place im looking into getting is such a sweet deal...gonna miss my landlord though, he is chill shit and has helped me find bud before.

hell my landlord bought me a new basketball hoop because the one he had when i moved in was total shit.

not gonna lie, but ill miss him and the guys at the corner store more than anything.

glad ypu can foot the place on your own, now you'll have a spare bedroom. what're you gonna do with your suddenly free space?

13. Ouch, yeah I'm too generous at some points too. He was stealing weed from and I still haven't said anything about it. Probably won't ever.

My last landlord was pretty awesome too, he came round to tell me that the cops were going to probably raid my place. They already fucked up and went after the wrong apartment (freaked me the fuck out hearing it downstairs as I had no idea at the time), so it gave me time to clear shit and move :p
    Gonna turn it back into my grow room :D

14. Tough situation but there is no reason you should have to deal with that shit. If he is a real friend he'll hopefully understand, if not, fuck it dude, yuh better off!

15. dang man that sucks! im sure it wont ruin your friendship at all should be fine!

16. When you are room mates with a friend you have to be two people.. The friend sometimes, and the room mate other times. Renting an apartment is a mutual business agreement and if he wasn't holding up his end then you have to be business-like and do what you need to do. It's completely separate from your friendship and hopefully he realizes that!