Just had a colonoscopy :(

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Dank4Days, Mar 6, 2013.

1. #1 Dank4Days, Mar 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2013
    Hey blades, just had my colonoscopy. For people who don't know what that is, it's a procedure where doctors look inside your intestines and inflate your colon with air to make it easier for doctors to look around. They stick a probe up your ass, and I also had an endoscopy so they had to look down my throat as well. Sounds horrible I know but I was knocked the fuck out lol so it really wasn't that bad.

Anyways I had this procedure done because I have been having diarrhea for at least 4 months every day. It isn't horrible diarrhea, it just is never a formed solid piece of shit lol. Anyways I found out I have ulcers and my intestines are inflamed. I haven't gotten the results for what it is, but they have a really good idea that it is irritable bowel syndrome. The doctors don't think it is crohns (hopefully :() but my intestines are definitely inflamed and I have pics of the insides of my intestines (wanna see them? They're fuckin nasty lol)

So yeah it sucks and is new news for me even though I have been thinking I had irritable bowel syndrome for a while. If u wanna know anything else, don't hesitate to ask me. An upside to this is that I can get a medical card very very easily now since I have paper work and pictures explaining all my symptoms. I'll keep u guys updated on what they say it is, I should be getting the end results for the colonoscopy on Friday. Thanks for listening to my story and sorry for writing an essay for you guys to read haha :D

UPDATE: Getting results back on the 14th :( Then I have an MRI scan on the 13th so ill get the results for everything on the 14th. So much appointments lately its such bullshit :angry:

2. Pics please, OP.

In all seriousness though, sorry about the intestine troubles.
    Its miserable. :(

My grandfather had a colonoscopy as well and it always cracked me up when he shit in the bag. It always seemed to happen in dead silence at the dinner table and everyone would get a laugh. He wasn't embarrassed in the least so that made it more funny.

3. That pre-flush was fun, huh?!

4. that sounds grim man I hope it all works out well though.

I recently had to have a cystoscopy (and i need another one tomorrow :() but I was knocked out. Having a catheter removed though was the most painful experience of my life lol

5. Sounds like you have crohn's and or colitis. I had a colonoscopy last month and it was awful. I was awake the whole time cause versed sucks and doesn't work. Before my turn I could hear the people before me screaming. I have crohn's, but my colonoscopy was clean thankfully. By the way a colonoscopy is only the ass part, if you had the scope down your throat too, that is an endoscopy I believe. I would much rather have a colonoscopy, ugh, I can't even imagine how much I would gag on that scope.

6. Yeah my bad it was both a colonoscopy and endoscopy. But yeah the doctor said that with the amount of inflamation and ulcers on my colon , people with the amount I have usually use the bathroom 9-10 times a day! I only go 2 or 3 times a day and that suprised the shit out of my doctor and she thought I was lying. I'm gonna be taking protozoan and Zantac to build up my strength. Then I'm gonna be taking some other medication(forgot the name) for the rest of my life. But yeah shit sucks and I'm really hoping these meds help me out. Also thanks for all the support blades, I really appreciate all your comments :)

7. Oh yeah that was so fun :(

8. lets see the pics to rule out chrons disease or ulcerative colitis

if you think its IBS then lemme ask you does it feel better after you shit? IBS is partially mental/stress-induced

if youre young, then you should be fine... just remember your body is a temple and be cautious of what you put inside

9. Actually it's interesting u ask if I feel better after I shit. Lately I've been feeling that after I shit, I'm unfinished u know? Like not all of it came out but I try to push an nothing will come out. I feel like only the soft stool comes out while the solid shit stays in, idk though, I partially feel like its all in my head and that I actually don't have to shit anymore. Also I'm 18 so I'm still pretty young and in school (unlimited bathroom passes lol) I will post the pics ASAP but u may have to wait until Friday, not sure yet though. Also thank u for your concern, makes me feel really good :)

10. Thats shitty man, but in all honestly please post the pictures? I wanna see what intestines look like from the inside

11. Anyone going in for a colonoscopy make sure you demand Propofol and refuse Versed/Fentanyl. You really don't want to be awake. Heh. It's really not THAT bad, but still...

12. Pics or gtfo !!!!

13. Lol Ive had many colonoscopies (because im severely underweight and doctorsfound something is up with my intestines, i have celiac disease) and they always suck with the pre flush and my throat feels like a bitch after an endoscopy. But i gotta say, i love that medicine they give right before entering the OR. It instantly putts you into a stupor :p

14. isnt having to shit in a bag a colostomy?

15. Check out Reishi mushroom tea. It should help with your inflammation and ulcers. You can make your own tinctures which are a lot more potent than the teas.

16. Oh yea you can get a medical card really easy now because it would been so hard to do it before,

Sent from my iPhone 5S using GC Forum.

17. sending good vibes

18. Ok I'll look into this, if I have any questions ill pm u thx

19. Haha I kno right lol