Just got some news.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Zizzy, Dec 21, 2010.

1. So, I just found out that my dad has stage-3 cancer. It's gotten to the lymph nodes. I don't know much about cancer, but I know enough to see that it doesn't look very good. I'm so depressed about it, no bud, all my friends are too fucked to smoke me up and I don't want to use this as an excuse to get blazed up so everyone thinks I'm acting fucked. Fuck. Nothing really matters right now.

2. sorry to hear about that, but judging from your location it shouldnt be to hard to find some greens

3. Wow man. Honestly all I can say is to stay strong and hang in there. With luck all will turn out for the better.

We're here for you brother. :smoke:

4. You'd think so, but when you're strapped for cash and you're friends are fucked, then there's nothing you can do.

5. Damn bro. I'm sorry to hear that. Its a terrible thing. Best wishes to you and your family.

6. since it's christmas time you should make a point to spend as much time as you can with your family and let them know how important they are to you

7. This.

Sorry to hear man. I've got family who has passed to cancer and it sucks. but at the same time ive personally seen more people conquer it. My uncle was diagnosed with stage 4 colan cancer and my best friend recently got a testicle removed and is now waiting to see if the "unusually large" spot in his lungs get bigger. It sucks man I know but all you can do is just to hold them close as possible and make them feel happy. If you feel you dad is open enough, you should introduce your dad to the benefits of cannabis when he is going through kemo ( spelling?). Bonding will def help him emotionally too.

Good luck i hope everything turns out fine.

ps PM if you need to talk. i was depressed for a little bit cause of my best friend and my parents divorce.

"Life throws you a curve ball and sometimes it hits you straight in the nuts"

8. spend time with him man, there's so many things that i wish i had gotten to ask my dad before he died this year. even simple things that you would usually just ask advice for... write down what he says in a journal or something.

9. Truth. My grandma passed away 6-7 years ago from a hellacious battle with Cancer. The biggest regret I have is not spending more time with her before she passed... alot of it had to do with me not being able to stand seeing her bed ridden to where should could barely move, but I would give anything to go back and have those extra couple of weeks.

Hope things get better man. Like somebody said above me shoot me a PM if you need somebody to just shoot the shit with.