just got rear ended by a drunk driver

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by married2mj, Dec 12, 2009.

1. as i passed her i yelled "dont drive drunk!" cuz she was obviously drunk. i dont think she heard me, but then at the next light she hits me from behind when i was stopped. right in front of the police station. policeman sees the whole thing. 40-something year old mother hit me. good i was wearing my seatbelt cuz she hit me pretty hard but im alright. and my car didnt get damaged too bad. police said its worse than it looks though???

police gave me some accident report. cant you get some money if you get rear/ended/ hit by a drunk driver/both????

also i was high as fuck, just baked out the car, had weed/grinder/bowl in the car. it was the k-9 unit, but he didnt bother, i did just get hit by a drunk driver.

crazy shit

2. drunks.....
    all i gotta say

3. I guess that shows which one is more dangerous. lol

and yes, i was rear ended once and although the damage didn't look bad, it's really easy to bend a frame when hit from the rear and that's usually an instant total depending on the value of the vehicle.

been there done that. lol, good luck and hopefully if it is a total your insurance will pay you out and sue the lady like mine did. Gave me a chance to buy my 4Runner. :)

4. Too bad man. Dont drive drunk kids! (Trust me, I have, I bearly got home)

Good luck man, I thought you could get some money from it, but I don't know how. Her insurance should cover your damages tho.

5. Shouldn't you also not drive stoned? I mean come on.

6. Please. Some can and some can't. I know I can. I've driven thousands of times stoned, this was my first accident.

7. Well, all I'm saying is if weed is ever legalized. I'd imagine it would be illegal to drive under the influence so....

Edit: Also, no matter how safe you drive high it's not always in your control for instance this situation. You were lucky cop didn't smell anything.

8. Driving drunk != driving stoned

9. Yea, all depends on your mental tolerance and driving skill. Subconscious tasks supposedly become easier when your high. Not 100% about that...

10. Okay, well it's illegal now and you smoke it anyways. Breaking the law...

I don't not drive drunk because it's illegal, I don't do it because it's dangerous.

Driving high is not dangerous, so even if it is illegal, I will still do it because I will not get stopped by a cop for any reason anyways.

11. Lucky! This is exactly why I never smoke in my car anymore. I know I can avoid being pulled over by driving safe, but I can't count on the other dumbasses on the road.

12. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJx0GqR3P_o]YouTube - Stoned While Driving[/ame]

13. Man. that is intense, same thing happened to my friend, except he was the one driving drunk, it really depends on your lawyer, their insurance, my friend didn't pay much, he is quite rich so he got off somehow. I'm sure you will get damage and all that but the money you get will depend on their lawyer, insurance, and other factors.

If you can't drive stoned, you shouldn't own a license, or smoke marijuana. Or you are a asian woman.

14. A drunk driver killed a girl from my school. They can all burn in hell for all i care.

15. yea forreal. the lady didnt even realize what had just happened. she was beyond fucked up. she coulda easily killed me. dumb bitch i really wanna meet her and see her look me in the eyes given she could be my mother.

16. I assume she was arrested? Did she cry when he slapped the cuffs on her?

17. yeaaaa she was arrested on the spot. i saw her for a total of like a minute and then she was taken into the police station. cops said she was just staring into space no idea what had happened she was so messed up..

18. Us stoners go easy on the dope. Some hopeless mother with nothing to lose, well fuck, she's gonna be shit-faced 24/7, i mean, might as well, shit, lol.:rolleyes:

19. haha is that mathematical notation? Awesome! "driving drunk IS NOT THE SAME AS driving stoned!"

20. OP, what you need to do is report the accident to your insurance, with the police report you have with the other guy's information. someone can come out and survey the damage to your car, you can get an estimate for any body work or damage caused - even if its minor, you might get some dough.

i was rearended once in NJ... didn't seem to be any damage, but the body shop gave an estimate of $900 because the "trunk was smashed in underneath". His insurance company sent me the check and I never got it fixed. $900 dollars for meee