Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Just got out of rehab...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by trippypedia420, May 1, 2011.

1. So I got out of rehab about a month and a half ago. I went because i was addicted to xanax. Anyways i was wondering how I can smoke weed and not have it lead me back to doing all the other shit I was hooked on? If anyone knows what i mean please give me advice because I'm going to smoke weed no matter what because i love it haha. I just don't want to go back to using xanax again.

Also sorry if this is in the wrong section

2. i wouldn't get high if you just got out of rehab man

3. some people can't.

4. #4 Floweroflife, May 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2011
    This is touchy bro, because if you have addictive personality and cannot stop yourself at weed then weed is not right for you at this time. The herb can be a very healing ally but if it is abused then it may not be you ally but your enemy. This is not a question I ask for you to give me the answer to but yourself: What could be hidden behind you or in your subconscious that you are running from? If there is anything at all...
    Benzos like Xanax are very addictive and can be one of the worst addictions for many. I have seen people come off cold turkey and get really sick. You are on a journey but this is a healing journey. Treat the herb as a gift and MOSTLY A MEDICINE...because it is. Indicas are great for pain and mostly rest and the sativa family is more of a mental, upper for motivating. Know what you are smoking and if it's not good for you now, look at the millions of other things you can get into. Writing, poetry, drawing, playing an instrument, working on good grades in college or a trade, skate, surf, snowboard...etc...Build, motivate, create...you have your whole life, what do you want to do with it? Best to you in your journey...peace
    ps, some other things...working out, meditating, breakin-fluid-house-dancing, sweat lodges,kung fu,chi kung and other martial arts, sky diving, bmx, being in nature, journaling, career choices, mentoring a at risk youth group, sponsoring a child who has nothing and lives in a horrible place(know the program), therapy, art therapy, talking to strangers(unless you live in a bad neighborhood), travel, get a pet, help homeless folks and work a few hours a week in a shelter and maybe you will see how much you have and that one false move and it could be all back in a mess again and thrown away. There are so many things to get high on... look up a book called "stoned free"... read, read read and build bro... If weed leads to other drugs leave it alone for a few months-years. You are in a really delicate and sensitive state....feel what it's like to feel again without any numbing agents...get HIGH ON LIFE ma man...hope this helps and best to you in your healing...Peace

5. Dude, there is no tricks to weed not leading onto worse things ... just dont be a dick.

6. try some meditation see what ur mind is thinking and if u believe you can control urself good luck :wave:

7. Self control. My boy was addicted hard to H and Oxy and still blazes after rehab, but doesn't touch anything. His addiction was bad, used to rob stores and shit.

8. Thanks guys, I've been taking my recovery very seriously and I feel like I can use it as a tool to relieve cravings for other drugs. I know its all about how I handle it and if I can control myself. The test will soon begin haha.

9. hey bro.....how much xanny were you taking at a time, per day, etc...........what mg pills were you getting?
    Just wondering...........I love to take a few a kick back and relax..........
    I get all sorts of meds from the doctor. They give me anything I want and as much as I want as there is not much they can do from the pain I am in so my doctor just meds me up with what I want..........I mostly use it at night, but I do take a 12 hour time released dosage of Morphine.........I take 60mgs twice a day sometimes 3 times if pain is bad or if it is real bad then I will take about 10mgs of oxycodone and then an hour later take another 10mgs and go from there on how I feel..........
    WEED is an awesome substitute for these drugs a lot of times. It is why I love it so much..........you know, I feel I would be on such higher doses if it were not for the weed.
    NO WAY MAN.................I would not go to weed. That is changing one addiction for another. Maybe in a few years after you learn how to live sober and straight, you may change your path and try smoking weed. JMHO.:confused:
    Later Bro.........Good luck with everything.
    :wave:

10. I was taking at least 8 2 mg pills a day usually more than that. on a bad day i would take up to 20 it just depended on how much money i had and stuff like that. i was also IVing Oxycontin several days out of the week and taking a lot of ecstasy on the weekends and of course smoking the jane religiously. My mind is still suffering the consequences unfortunately

11. :eek::eek::eek:

12. Damn man best of luck to you, a lot of my good buddies are dope heads and some people even hit the rock. Opiates and benzos are shameful, seen that stuff ruin too many lives.

13. Go out running until you can't anymore. Limp home. Pick up something heavy and do squats until you can't anymore. Climb a flight of stairs ten times. Eat plenty of eggs. Drink plenty of water. Shower. Go to sleep. Wake up and do it all over again. All Natural HIGH.

14. confusious say^

15. Thats no joke man...seriously... I wold check into a therapist you can dig around inside yourself with(someone your comfortable opening up to). Take a few years man...you life is priceless when you look back and if you look forward with a similar attitude then boom, maybe you won't waste it. What is it that is really hurting? What are you running from...I know this place can really fucking hurt and many suffer...I am no doctor but what are healthy alternatives to numbing? Feel through your shit man and get some help...please. My best buddy is doing 4 years because of all the shit he got into and it was bad, now today I am even afraid to open this letter I got from him in prison today because of how bad he is suffering in there. There is a world ful of help and all you have to do is meet it halfway...sorry for your troubles...take care of you and try to stay away from anything addictive...don't substitute but if the herb will keep you alive then use it as medicine not to party with...ya know ;)

16. yeah you guys are right I defiantly don't need to fuck around with anything that might get me started back up again. I've just been having the worst cravings lately and I'm lookig for relief. I will find a better alternative than that.

thanks a lot!

17. condescension say ^

OP, I truly believe you shouldn't smoke marijuana for a while. You really do sound like you have an addictive personality. I'll state my belief, if you start smoking now, you'll be doing Xanax or some other drug in about 6 months. It isn't anything against you, you just need to learn self control. If you don't have self control with marijuana now, I truly don't believe you will have self control from Xanax 6 months from now. I could be wrong, but I've met 90 males in rehab, and 40 females. We all had problems, and the ones that 'relapsed' starting with marijuana often went to all their old habits. I'd say it was a 70/30, 70 being ones going back to old habits completely.

18. First off I just want to say good luck with your healing

Second of all you just need to learn self control. Just enjoy weed for what it is, it isnt a gateway drug when used right. Remember the hell you went through on xanax and remember all the good times you've had on weed. Just go natural and appreciate weed. If you can't help it, stop smoking weed. If you can't help THAT, then I would go see a drug counselor.

Best wishes.

19. Sticky's are an amazing thing (post it's-stickies or whatever) How about writing a goal and posting it a few places until you reach it, keeping a journal helps. I used to keep a card in my wallet when I was kicking habits and self defeating behaviors as a reminder, with multiple other things to focus on when I craved what would cancel me out or what I was canceling myself out with... A book of shadows was a good thing, I had a journal that I would write all my darkest shit in, then it all started to rhyme, then short stories and my imagination took it from there. Weed and shrooms were there to brak open my head and I felt like one with everything, connected again... my adictions were just there to pull me away from my higher self and those demons became my friends but only when I got to know them by name... write it out bor and look back. Nobody has to see whats in there but you... best...out

20. #20 Pliskn, May 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Don't smoke weed if you recently got off, I recovered from opiate addiction too you can really mess your serotonin up