Just got oblivion

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by die2014, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Is it any good and is it worth really getting into? I heard its long as shit. What about in comparison to skyrim?

2. you just got it so go play and figure out! :laughing:

skyrim is fucking amazing. i didnt get into oblivion much but i am a huge fan of skyrim although my highest level is only like 16? its a great game. i might hop on right now

3. Yeah Oblivion's really cool

In comparison to Skyrim.. I think there's bit more depth in Oblivion, Skyrim obviously has better graphics but graphics really aren't everything.

I've spent hundreds of hours messing around in Oblivions, in a way there's more concrete side quests todo, every city has a fighters guild and mages guild, and each one has a shit ton of quests so you'd be busy for a while.

The dark brotherhood quests are really cool, lots of oblivion gates to conquer.. try it out. Give it five or so hours to grow on ya and you'll like it.

4. it's not long. there are hundreds of hours of gameplay but the main questline only takes a day or two, same with the other main questlines. to be honest i liked oblivion more than skyrim but i think im part of the minority there.

5. [quote name='"vergen"']Yeah Oblivion's really cool

In comparison to Skyrim.. I think there's bit more depth in Oblivion, Skyrim obviously has better graphics but graphics really aren't everything.

I've spent hundreds of hours messing around in Oblivions, in a way there's more concrete side quests todo, every city has a fighters guild and mages guild, and each one has a shit ton of quests so you'd be busy for a while.

The dark brotherhood quests are really cool, lots of oblivion gates to conquer.. try it out. Give it five or so hours to grow on ya and you'll like it.[/quote]

Right on brother! Im enjoying it so far i closed my first gate and now im stuck on kvatch with a couple other soldiers trying to kill these annoying ass demons that like 1 hit you. Other than that its straight. The combat scheme is the one thing that might take a while to grow on me. Its different.

6. I've played over 300 hours of skyrim and just bought Oblivion GOTY the other day but haven't played it yet.

7. I never got into that much :/ I like Skyrim and Fallout 3 a lot though, just for some reason I never got hooked on Oblivion

8. same exact situation for me.

some day i will try and get back to oblivion though no doubt.

9. Shivering Isles solidified my love for Oblivion. Ah, makes me want to go buy the game all over again. :smoke:

10. I didn't get more than 15 or so hours into Oblvion, but I love Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas.

11. Oblivion and Skyrim both have their ups and downs. Combat in Skyrim is smoother, but I definitely liked the plot lines in Oblivion a lot more

I could see how it'd be hard to go back and play Oblivion now though, it's pretty old

12. the main thing to me was that the atmosphere and setting in oblivion seemed much cooler and more immersive.

13. ^yeah, and gates were a lot scarier than dragons

14. yeah man oblivion (the realm) is fucking awesome. i wish they would have expanded more on the daedra in skyrim but instead they barely had a presence in the game.

15. Played 250 hours of oblivion. I've had skyrim a few months and have 17 hours played. I am finally getting interested in Skyrim. I miss the old gladiator arena in the imperial city.

16. Well since the Champion of Cyrodiil had sealed the "rifts" between Nirn and Oblivion, it kind of makes sense that daedra aren't really as big a presence as they are.

The 4 daedra in/around Mehrune's Shrine are only there cause he's a dickhead and doesn't play by the rules. But then again, maybe defeating Dagon at the Imperial City in Oblivion only sealed off ways of mass transportation TO Nirn from Oblivion.

Ahh... I love speculating events in games.

17. I played oblivion so much. Had it on the pc though. Skyrim is fucking amazing, over 230 hours last i check, but my disc has been broken for two or three weeks now.

18. [quote name='"chimera765"']

Well since the Champion of Cyrodiil had sealed the "rifts" between Nirn and Oblivion, it kind of makes sense that daedra aren't really as big a presence as they are.

The 4 daedra in/around Mehrune's Shrine are only there cause he's a dickhead and doesn't play by the rules. But then again, maybe defeating Dagon at the Imperial City in Oblivion only sealed off ways of mass transportation TO Nirn from Oblivion.

Ahh... I love speculating events in games.[/quote]

lol yeah but that happened hundreds of years ago and the daedra are like gods..if they wanted more daedric influence in the game bethesda could have easily worked it into the fiction.

19. Then I believe we can come to an agreement that the death of Dagon didn't completely stop the daedra, but severely affected the ways they could get into Nirn?

20. I loved oblivion! Such a great game, you'll enjoy it