just got my set up

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by chillybuds916, Nov 30, 2010.

1. i just bought my set up and came home unpacked everything and plugged everything in. i turned my hps light thinkin that it would automatically turn on, but i didnt so i turned it off, called the hydro store and then he told me that the hps lights take about 15mins to warm up and said that my light is proably busted. he also said just to turn the light off for half an hour and try again, so i justed waited an hour just to make sure and it has been on for the past 5-10 mins and the bulb is still cold no light no warmth. so im thinkin my light is probably fukked.

can anyone verify or tell me anything i can do about this??

any help appreciated
    one love be easy

2. You did make sure that the controls such as voltage and or MH/HPS for a switchable ballast were set correctly didn't you, and are you sure your power socket has power? My ballast takes a bit to warm up to but even so once you plug it in you can see that it is on immediately...

3. im a half jack ass but the dude that sold me the system sold me a mh ballast and an hps bulb...

4. Problem solved :)

5. haha yes almost the only thing is that now i have to wait til i get off work tomorrow to take it in and replace it and get some soil!

6. Fuck yeah! Best wishes to you and your grow

7. ha thank you thank you!!! and same to you