Just got my seeds 8) cfl question?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by LemonSourD, Feb 2, 2013.

1. I get my cfl lights the 5th n my 3 gal pot the 6th and my ph pen n calibrater soon enough in the mail and I have my fox farms soil
    Should I start the germination tonight or tomorrow or ? Or wait for at least the lights to come in ? Thank you!

2. Your not in need of the light in the first 4days. 48hours germ time and 48hrs till they sprout. Might be an idea to at least check the light works before you start as if faulty you will have a problem. What size and spectrem cfl are you going to be using?

3. #3 LemonSourD, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2013
    I got a 125w Cfl blue 7000k for the veg stage

4. Just use my cfl(42w with a dome) mainly for a little warmth until they sprout. Started 4 last time in solo cups. Gradually step it up once established. If yours is the true wattage dont get it too close. 125w would be good for veggin 1-2 plants later on. Probly just one good one imo. hth

5. I'm only growin 1 so I'm good n should I buy a fan for my grow ?

6. Yes you need a oscillating one to blow on ur plant and one for a exhaust fan

7. When your sprouts get about 2" or sooner, just let a gentle breeze exercise them. Just so they move a little is all. You should be good with the 125w but what about flower?
    The warm color is best for that. Some of both works best.;)

8. I got a red 200 w cfl for the flower!

9. Not tryin to be a dick or anything but i think you may be going by the wrong wattage on the bulb. I brought a 125 watt equivalent bulb from walmart which is only 42 actual watts. So unless theres a bigger number on the box then those are alot smaller wattage than you think