Just got my Pax

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by 512smokinfool, Oct 2, 2013.

1. So far,.I've hit my Pax a couple of times, and I cant get the "massive clouds" I see on the YouTube videos. I hear packing the bowl helps, do you just pack the oven part or the whole chamber? What's a good reference on hitting the pax. Not getting much vapor. I've hears there is a sweet spot to hit. Suggestions and pointers would be awesome. This 13hr shift would be great if I could figure out this Pax

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

The Pax is meant to be packed as tightly as you can, and it's meant to be pretty full. You HAVE to pull slowly because of the heating method, if you pull too fast the temperature of the bowl will drop (it's not a very big heat mass, so it can't take fast draws). You also have to remember it's a conduction vape, so you won't see as much vapor as you would from a convection vape.

The guys in those videos (like TheHerbalReview and TheBestVaporizer) have setups with bright incandescent (or fluorescent) lights to enhance the vapor that they exhale.

You don't even know if they use the same material (weed) as you!

3. Just make sure your material is broken down very fine and pack the oven tightly.  It works best when the trench is completely full and packed down tightly, but to be honest as long as I pack it down tightly I can still get some huge rips off of a half full oven. 

When it comes to hitting the vape you need to take a bunch of small, gradual hits (as if you're sipping the vapor out) in one rip.  As you inhale it cools down the temp so keep that in mind. A good rule of thumb is to look at the pulsing light.  Every time it lights up "sip" and then stop when it dims.  Continue that until you can't really breath in anymore and you will get a nice sized hit.  You will feel the pinch in your chest.  This gives the chamber the chance to heat up and produce thicker vapor before you continue to inhale so that all you're really inhaling is vapor. Or you could just do it very slow and steady, but that will be drawing more air in combination with vapor.  Whatever method works better for you, but if you are pulling extremely hard or fast it will rapidly cool down your chamber and lessen the size of the hit. I can still get clouds even on the low setting, so it just takes a little time to learn the technique. 

4. Yea I noticed the same thing, but they have lights on the actual vapor so it makes it seem like it's more.