Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Just got my MMJ license and have a few questions...

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by GrandMasterVin, Nov 18, 2010.

1. What's up everybody?

The other day I got my license (it was paperwork not an actual ID).
    So far i've gone to two dispensaries and am very happy with my decision to get the license. My only questions are what are the laws behind having it? The doctor didn't explain the legality aspect of the card and it's benefits so I am unsure of laws regarding possession (how much I can have on me), where I can legally some/ingest, can I keep paraphernalia/bud in my car or trunk, etc.
    Please let me know what you guys know and any experiences you've had with the Police while having a card and what happened.

Thanks, and by the way I live in CA.

2. Information for CA can be found in these two documents:

Prop 215
    CA Secretary of State - Vote96 - Text of Proposition 215

SB 420
    SB 420 Senate Bill - CHAPTERED

How much can you have?

As far as where you can smoke/ingest, keeping bud/paraphernalia in your trunk, etc...

Just remember this:

• Marijuana is still illegal under federal law
    • Police have no obligation to honor your "recommendation" if they catch you with marijuana.
    • Your recommendation does not protect you (legally) from arrest. It can only provide an affirmative defense in case you are arrested.

From Prop 215:

Bottom line: Always handle and consume your medicine as if it were 100% illegal everywhere. You don't want to have to go to court to defend yourself and/or get your medicine back.