Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Just got My Medical Marijuana Card Minutes Ago

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by XxChaosXLovexX, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Yeah I think your being way too harsh. While lying to a doctor and telling him to prescribe you medication is never good, this is a loophole in the system. Cops and lawyers use loopholes in the system to accomplish all sorts of things. Why can't pot users get a prescription for it so they are less likely to run into legal problems by simply possessing or growing marijuana.

2. man i dont even know why people want marijuana legalized

if theres one thing i dont want the government to have control over, its when and how i get high

3. I wasn't smoking in the video. Stoked = happy. :confused:

4. 1. No Jail, probation, or fines
    2. I want a job without having to worry failing for piss
    3. Smoking and not being labeled a criminal
    4. tired of paying for $40 an eighth of bud
    5. Marijuana related crime will go down
    6. Grow-ops that destroy the environment will no longer be necessary
    7. Buying and renting up houses for big grows will no longer be necessary and out of neighborhoods.
    8. New industries and technology related to marijuana will grow
    9. Increased tax revenue for state programs

The list goes on...

How would they control when and how you get high if it were regulated? I'm pretty sure it would be like cigarettes and alcohol, drink and smoke how and when you want.

5. I totally agree with you. I do have a legit reason to have the card but if I didn't I would definitely take advantage of the MMJ program anyway. Being fined for possessing and using your meds is ridiculous. If it takes a little fabrication to get a 215 (ie. a few spaced out doctor visits for legitimate reasons), then by all means do it. Documentation beats conversation! Ultimately it's up to the doc. Documentation or not however, the doctor makes the final determination.

Been smoking all my life and very rarely get sick. Almost every time I drink alcohol, there is some kind of shitty after effect during and after consumption. I think alcohol should be regulated!

Smoke some erb and b happy!!

6. Congrats,I've been legal for about 3 years..its awesome being able to go out and buy medication legaly.

I live in So California so if you need some rec. for dispensaries let me know.

7. Faking an illness is disrespectful to those who actually do suffer from illnesses. That isn't to difficult to understand, is it?

8. blah blah blah blah

9. Sorry about that then...just seems like so many people merely get their card to become legal stoners, then post all sorts of stupid shit on the internet and youtube which gives MMJ patients a very bad name.

Couple of items here that I think you're a bit mistaken about.

2. In most states having your MMJ card WILL NOT protect you from being fired for failing a drug test. Not yet anyway.
    3. People who don't understand MMJ will still think you're just a legalized stoner.
    4. MMJ isn't CHEAPER than $40 an 8th in most places, in fact, it's probably more expensive. Then again, you'll be getting MUCH better medicines.
    5. INDIVIDUAL MJ crimes might go down, but people breaking into clubs has gone up dramatically.
    6. I wish...

Very right. Very right.

If you have NOTHING to add to the conversation, then why are you even hitting "enter" on your post?

10. Congrats man. I agree that you shouldn't lie about having an illness to "beat" the system and get high without consequence. I've had depression for a very long time and I would be very offended if someone who hasn't dealt with any of the things I've dealt with lied about having the same illness just so they could get fucked up and not worry about it. I actually need marijuana to function normally, but since I live in NJ it isn't an option and I'm now on probation for 6 months and have to go to outpatient rehab for 3 of them just because I was trying to live a happy, productive life. In August when I move out to Cali the first thing I'm going to do is schedule an appointment with a mmj doctor and get my card because I actually NEED it to accomplish the goals I have for myself and to get out of bed in the morning without wishing I had died in my sleep. People who exploit that system risk ruining it for everyone. Thats just plain unfair to those who actually need cannabis to live a happy life. If you want to get fucked up, buy weed on the street and take the chance of getting in trouble for participating in a black market activity because you have no right to jepordize the wellbeing of those who legitimatly need cannabis to continue with their lives.

11. #31 XxChaosXLovexX, Feb 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2009

No worries. :)

Well said, and good luck! Cali is a beautiful state.

edit: Whoops, it's neutral. :eek:

12. I was not talking about medical marijuana...I quoted a comment about legalized marijuana

13. i would hope people with these illnesses that are getting medical weed would be realistic and understand why other people would want medical weed

i'm going into the medical field, so i can't get a mmj card, so fuck off you guys :(

14. Congratulations, Chaos. :)

There a few things about California I like. The card is the best thing about them, afaic. Too bad they don't wise up and do something similar in the rest of the country.

15. Congrats man! I sure hope I can say the same thing this time next year. Things are looking up here in MN. :hello: SF97/HF292 for the win! :hello:

16. I think abusing the system by getting a card for completely illegitimate reasons is not cool either, for the simple fact that, as mentioned earlier, it hurts the process towards legalization by giving anti-MMJ ppl reasons to continue opposing it.

with that said, I'm getting a card, even though it, perhaps, isn't 100% necessary. I have Crohn's disease, which is a totally legit reason for MMJ...i'm not sure about CA, as I recently moved from Washington, but in WA, Crohn's is a legislatively approved condition for MMJ. My condition is mild...I take other medication to suppress the condition and I pretty much live a normal life, save for random and infrequent periods of discomfort and more frequent periods of no appetite. Obviously, MMJ helps this. To be perfectly honest, I like smoking, Crohn's or no Crohn's, and ultimately I see MMJ as partly an insurance for my Crohn's (in case I get another flare up in the future) and partly for the ability to smoke legally. Even though its supremely easy to smoke regardless of legality, it's just nicer knowing I'm not breaking the law, at least here in CA :)

17. Crohn's is certainly a qualifer in California - the first person I ever met who had his recommendation had it for Crohn's.

18. Go WildWill with the MMJ lessons! <3
    :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello:

19. #39 johnpini, Feb 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2009
    i am diagnosed with bipolar, depression, add, and adhd. ya think i could get one? lol im only 16 and live in mass. i really want to be able to get marijuana legally becauase in the past 2 years i have been on over 13 different medications for my illnesses but none have ever worked. i have been hospitalized many times for my conditions and need something that works.

20. Yeah. you probably could get one, BUT you're underage and banned.