Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Just got my Medi Card from Venice Beach, but there's a problem.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by burnt toast, Sep 14, 2009.

1. I see those chicks standing outside advertising whenever I walk along Venice. That place is crazy to the crazyth power. It should be pretty obvious to the government that people simply want to use weed for recreational purposes. They need to realize that the current state of medical marijuana is a sham and legalize cannabis on a federal level. You don't see Endo Pharmaceuticals out there in Venice advertising to sell percocet prescriptions. :laughing:

2. I think in the current environment, doctors and dispensaries in every state would do well to follow the law as closely as possible or we give the politicians and the DEA reasons to say "See, this MMJ stuff is a total scam".

BUT, if someone, dispensary owner or otherwise, thinks that a doctor is doing something illegal or unethical and has some proof of it then they should contact the medical board to look into it. If the doctors license is valid and until he is sanctioned by the medical board for behaving in an illegal or unethical fashion, I don't think the dispensaries should penalize the patients for having a card issued by said doctor.

I do think that the dispensaries would improve their status in the community if they did take an active role in trying to keep quacks from practicing illegally, the the action should be against the doctor and not the patients. For all you know, that patient may have gone to that particular doctor in good faith and believed that he/she was practicing properly.

3. I understand what everybody is saying about the docs just handing them out there, but should we really argue against the people who go there? After all the only thing op/the doctors do is loosely follow mmj laws, and help to disobey the unjust prohibition of marijuana, just like most of us on here are doing by smoking I don't think it is the right way to go about it, because opponents will call mmj a crock, but haven't they been doing that for the las 73 years?