Just got my first TDS meter!

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Anonymous710, Jun 26, 2021.

1. So I just got my TDS meter, I've been watching youtube and apparently during flower u want 900 to 1200 ppm? I'm using (thank god) the last bit of my advanced nutrients ph perfect micro grow and bloom... and from what I've been told u never want to use more than 5ml per gallon of each m, g and b , as well I've added 5 ml of cal mag and 5 ml of hydroguard. Now after mixing the nutes I'm only hitting 470 ppm? How should I approach this dilemma? Here's my bitch....

Attached Files:

2. As u can see I've already suffered minor nute burn.... I'm feeling like this 15ml feed is gonna burn some more....

3. They'll use more nutrients than calmag just keep that in mind when adding food to water. I'll start with calmag just depends on plant stage how much they get. I don't follow and nutrients suggestion, I'll give whatever ppms I think they need at that time as long as I don't exceed those recommended ppm numbers vs plants growth stages.

Attached Files:

4. #4 Anonymous710, Jun 26, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
    Wow so continue adding the advanced nutes, should I bump it up to like 20ml per micro, grow and bloom?

5. Idk what ppm that is I add some mix up and test until I feel comfortable with amount given

6. OK I got you! Thanks for the replies!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Since you have the pen you can use it to help set up next feed on water days get a runoff reading pH and ppm on feed days get readings as well. You'll only need to add enough nutrients to get you back to the number you're feeding. It'll also show how much food they are eating and if you should back off nutrients or feed more. Like if I feed 700ppms and my water day run off is 500ppms they only ate 200ppms I can assume they will eat the same amount between water and feed so next feed will only be 400ppms to get me back to 700ppms. This will help you understand what your plants eating habits are like and eventually you won't need to do that anymore. You'll just get a feel for what they need, I still follow that ppm guide to some extent but mainly just watch plants. If they grow more I feed more, they get nute burn I back off. Personally I like a tiny amount of nute burn on some or most leaves, lets me know I didn't hold back and if you're getting runoff readings one you'll know what's too much and two you can monitor levels clean pH water until you're below ppm level feeding depending on how bad nutrient burn is you can just give plain water until leaves start getting lighter in color indicating they are hungry then continue the feeding regiment getting a runoff reading so you know how much food they may need. Be sure you're allowing about 20% run off to wash out salt and nutrient build up, lifting plants out of run off not allow that to seep back into soil. Sorry this is so long hopefully you made it this far lol hope it helped

8. Plant looks really nice and bushy awesome job bud

9. Thanks man I definitely noticed she was getting light green but that's before I got the pen. I just upped the amount of nutes and then she turned a more forest green rather than fresh lawn grass color... it's just the nute burn and ppm's that have me confused , plus last plant at this size was already building (loose) nugs... but now that I have this pen I'll have to just monitor these new factors.... lol why does growing a plant become so crazy?

Attached Files:

10. Yea it can be some what of a science, you may not even need the pen for runoff readings being as you did so well through this grow. I still from time to time out of curiosity get a ppm runoff reading but it comes in damn handy when a issue arises.

• Like Like x 1