Just got my first job

Discussion in 'General' started by dmac103, May 2, 2012.

1. I just got hired for my first job at a grocery store, now all i gotta do is to and take a drug test. I've stayed clean for a few weeks cause of this so i know i'm good. I'm so tired of being broke, and now i'm gonna have more money to spend on tree. But i just wanted to say what's up and celebrate it with yall.. :smoke:

I guess this is also a motivational thread for all you blades trying to find a job, keep lookin and you'll find one.

2. welcome to wage slavery.

3. So much for this being a "motivational thread".

4. There ya' go.

5. i was just welcoming him to capitalism. make sure to keep a smile when they work you like a slave. remember you are expendable to them, if they find someone willing to work harder for less than you are you're getting the boot.

6. no, now there we go

7. Hell yeah save that paper and stack it to the sky!

8. It must get really tiring, all that anger placed towards an economic system.. I work at a grocery store too and it's far from "slavery" :)

9. The way yall are talking is making me want to turn back haha

10. Don't worry about BlazeLE. He's a jobless stoner who sits on the forums all day crying about capitalism and America and how depressed he is.

Welcome to the working world. In today's economy any job is a good job, so go make that paper! :D:wave:

11. WELCOME!:mad: to MINIMUM wage MAXIMUM SECURITY slavery!:mad:
    There it is.

12. Congrats on the job. Gainful employment is gainful. :smoke:

13. Welcome Welcome, we need more people who wanna work instead of getting government checks every month. I have had a job since I was 15, at one point I was working 4 real jobs not like side projects, 2 pizza delivery gigs, hockey store, and a butcher.. good times.

Congrats though op, set your sites for overtime and management where some money is until you figure out what else you wanna do in life.

14. No matter what you wanna call it, it's still a job. Nothing i can do about the system being the way it is, i just gotta go where the bread takes me. And for now it's this.

15. I just got hired to my first job at a Crocs store. Was freaked out I might have to take a drug test but haven't heard anything about one. Good luck

16. Well I say congrats work hard have fun and buy some shit you have always wanted.

17. Welcome to the Machine

18. you are basically cheap labor but everyone starts somewhere. Just keep your eyes open and learn the game. the alternative is less tree, crappy food and maybe even being homeless. I think working is natural. in the caveman days you pretty much foraged for plants and chased animals around all day, then you had to chase a woman down and smack her on the head with a club just to get laid. now thats hard work!

19. The people nagging about you being cheap labor clearly have no concept of the workforce hierarchy. What do you really expect for a first job lol.

Congrats man.

20. Congrats OP. I like your positivity.