Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Just got my card.. Lets test some employers!

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by nugs man, Sep 28, 2010.

1. What do i say to employers who drug test? Would they hire knowing my cannabis use is under the law, and only hire based on applicability, resume, past experience and current knowledge?

I'm going to try something...

I'm going to apply to Office Depot for the helluva it, because i think they drug test, and after an interview, if all goes well, I'm going to mention my use, if he brings up a drug test. That i am abiding to California state laws and i would never show to work under the influence. This is when employers need to extend a little trust. What if it impresses the interviewer? Because i am well qualified for anything office depot needs, hopefully they will see that and ignore my personal life. I'll keep you all posted. :smoke: I want to find out if employers really care about marijuana use in their employees. And maybe i can teach them something.

2. Big corporations like Office Depot care. They definitely care. They probably won't tell you that they denied you a job because you use marijuana. They can find any excuse for it.

My general rule of thumb is this: If a company is publicly listed and traded on the stock market, they're probably going to have a problem with any drug use not justified via prescription; they consider MMJ to fall under that category due to its legal status.

When I was hired at a big corporation like that in software development, they did a urine test, a finger print panel, and a background check. It's insane these days. Luckily, I didn't smoke much back then.

3. Your recommendation DOES NOT cover you from being terminated for failing a drug test, or protect you from job or housing discrimination. You're setting yourself up for failure.

As tons of people have already discovered, even if you have a legal MMJ recommendation, in California you can still be fired for just having it, or failing a DT.

4. Heres what will happen, they will say pee in the cup, you will either, deny that and leave jobless, or you will piss and THC will show up but you have your card, so the company will "have already filled the position" they can defs not hire you, and just say there is another reason. Its dumb but it happens.

5. In California they don't need a reason to not hire you / fire you.

And there will be no employer that "extends a little trust" unless they own the place, and then they probably don't drug test anyway..