1. Win a Personalized Grasscity Stoner Kit! Subscribe to our Youtube for a chance to WIN!
    Dismiss Notice

just got lights

Discussion in 'Indoor Marijuana Growing' started by skillfull87, Oct 2, 2003.

1. i have 3 seeds growing that were growing outside and now im moving them in because of winter. one is liek 3 inches and the other about 4 with a really talk steam lot of space between the leaves...

i have a 250 wat hps light hanging about a foot or a foot and a half over them. they are on a chair and there is a fan blowing on them. is a foot and a half to far over them? we're gonna leave the lights on 24/7

i am getting a de-humidifyer because its really dry in the south.
    i'll get some pics up as soon as i get some

does all this sound right? any suggestions?
  2. If i was you, I would keep a 250 watt light a little closer-maybe 10-12 inches. It may not sound much of a difference, but cos of a physics thang, if you half the distance from the light source-you quadruple the amount of light available to the plant.You will not harm the plants by putting the lights this close. My 400 watt set-up stays between 14+ 18 inches from the tops throughout the grow.
  3. yeah, he should do that when the plants have become aclimated, he doesnt need to worry about it for atleast 2-3 days. from outside to inside is a change, a big one. the plant doesnt have everything it did outside. for one, not the protection of clouds muting out direct sunlight, and then going into direct light 24/7. temperature and air circulation are also important, these he will have to get under control also or atleast stable, so i dont think it would be a good idea to force that much light on these young uns yet. my .2 cents
  4. Try to get some cool floros for veg, it will give you a much better chance of females. or if you can get one buy a 250w MH conversion bulb.
  5. how much do flurros cost?... and why should i convert to a 250 mh bulb?
  6. floros are pretty cheap. you can get two 40 watt bulbs for like 5 bucks. grO suggested the mH because its actually the best type of light to veg under, it will blow the floros away, but floros for vegn still work good and allow you to put the lights much closer, like within an inch or 2, while the mH you cant. so they both have advantages and disadvantages and they both produce blue spectrum, which vegn plants need.
  7. i got some pics of the flowers

<a href="http://www.picturetrail.com/crystalnuggets> pictures</a>
    alblum " plants" password is sativa

Grasscity Deals Near You