Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

CBD Just got legal CBD buds... in NC!

Discussion in 'CBD Oil' started by squidrick420, Sep 23, 2018.

1. So I'm loving this whole CBD being legal thing. Here in North Carolina we have been living in the dark ages of prohabition for ages and finally a place here in Asheville decided to go all out and sell buds instead of just the usual gummies and stuff everybody else has. They claim to have less than .3% THC but it is hard to tell because I smoked a joint of some dank shit before picking it up and I'm still stoned from that. Very chill from this though. Pretty tasty and doesn't taste like schwag or anything so I am happy. I feel we are getting so close to legalization everyday and CBD is really helping speed up the process. This is the first time I have ever purchased bud legally! 20180923_150355.jpg 20180923_150401.jpg 20180923_150512.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. #2 BrewsnWeed666, Sep 23, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    CBD doesn't get you high though so why would you spend $70 on it??

I know it helps for certain things but I wouldn't pay $10 a gram for something that didn't get me high lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I think it's just the novelty of it. I'd buy a gram if i could, and save it. The carolinas are very conservative, Christian bunch. I think the guy is just excited to see a little progress. Believe it or not, that's a huge step for NC. Lol. Take the little wins. Hey OP, hows it smell?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. So I recently also just got some in NC because I was wanting to take a break from regular bud and I saw this in a smoke shop. I was amazed to see weed in a store here lol. It smells pretty dank even looks dank and it’s very calming. But it literally will not make you high so there is zero recreational value to it. And for moderate issues I’m sure it can help a lot. But for
    My issues it only helped to a certain extent. Regular weed is still my medicine.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. #5 squidrick420, Sep 23, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    I already have like 20 grams of bud so this is just for fun. Everyone kinda nailed it with the novelty. If this was Colorado I would be unphased but this is the dirty Appalachian southeast here. My dealer told me about it and let me try some the other day and I was impressed enough to buy some. I'll go back to buying gummies but I had to get this. This is flat out monumental for the state that a few years ago was put on blast for LGBT rights issues.

I should add that NC is a swing state and not totally conservative. Asheville is more like Portland Oregon or San Francisco than anywhere else in the state. Raleigh is becoming pretty progressive as well but Asheville is literally nicknamed the "cesspool of sin" by conservative politicians lol.

As for how it smokes it is nice and relaxing. This was the strongest they had at 12.5% CBD and it mixes well with my regular weed to help spread it out some.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. This, you nailed it. HUGE for us, progress is slow here. In the south we are renegades for selling beer on Sunday! Smells decent but not amazing, like some upper mids. Tastes better than it smells and it is really fluffy.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Yeah I definitely dont plan to make this a regular thing, especially considering for $10 more I can get a quarter of some really good bud. Still amazing to get bud in NC.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Merry hill farm in mebane nc had a pick you own festival a few weeks ago. I walked out to the field and clipped a bud 1 ounce wet for $20. I shook hands with the county commissioner next to me. Very surreal.

Sent from my SM-T837V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  9. I'm starting to see CBD storefronts. Like when the vaping craze hit. I'm hoping they can convert them into proper dispensaries SOON, lol. Hey, I can dream.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. That is actually what they did here. Clover CBD is a straight up dispensary for CBD and I know they plan to convert to a full dispensary when the time comes. They are awesome because they actually aren't sleazy like some cheap smoke shops trying to sell nasty synthetic CBD and they only sell trusted products.

• Like Like x 1
  11. That is pretty interesting haha, I haven't heard about a pick your own deal anywhere. I am still not used to it haha. I feel like the cops aren't going to believe that it is cbd buds. At least now I can put regular buds in bags labeled for CBD buds to increase my chances of hiding it haha.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. They contacted the Sheriff before the event to let law enforcement know. By virtue of having the county commissioner next to me, I did not know whether to be scared or happy. It happened though. I keep my receipt next to me because you can't tell the difference between what I picked and what might get you in jail in the state.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  13. I have gotten interested in CBD as medicine in the past couple of months so I'm glad to see this thread. I bought a half of some 8.5 % CBD Hemp and mixed up a tincture- ended up 11 mg CBD/ml. I added a bit of THC tincture just 'cause I could. Ended up with a 1:12 THC:CBD tincture that I'm using for medicine for my aging back. I found a place on line and just purchased two ounces of AC/DC trim/shake (from Hemp) for $60. It's supposed to be about 9% CBD. I plan to process as I did the last batch- just as for Green Dragon. Actually it is just Hemp Green Dragon. The site had Special Sauce listed, but it was sold out. I'm in VA, probably more conservative than the Carolina's and haven't seen anything like this on store shelves. I don't frequent head stores, but haven't seen it on Amazon or at my local health food store. Thanks for posting. I get it!

• Like Like x 3
  14. Over the summer I copped a quarter of NC grown CBD for 30 here in gboro at a smoke shop. It's good filler for blunts/joints.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Not trying to insult OP or anything like that but you can get 30 grams for 80 bucks on cbd hemp direct. Just don't want anyone paying more than they need to.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. This begs the question, since obviously, these nugs look exactly like weed and smell like weed, how the hell can law enforcement tell the difference? You could easily put your weed with your CBD then.

What are the rules regarding usage of CBD in North Carolina?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yeah, you're right. It can be bought cheaper. For those of us in illegal states just buying something that looks like cannabis is a thrill.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Thats where I get my cbd products for making my extracts. Totaly worth it!!! The AC deisel is fire.

• Like Like x 2
  19. I'd sure be interested in how you do your extracts @Kiefsweat. I just processed two ounces of hemp trim/shake and only got two grams of oil. I processed with Everclear 190. Before that I processed a half ounce, but left it at tincture and it ended up 11 mg CBD/ml. The stuff I bought was not "extraction quality". I'm interested in what you do.

20. Well I am only just now starting to play with my own extractions. Yesterday I did a clean ISO wash on the AC diesel with some low grade thc weed added. I decarbed it all first, then ISO washed it. I double boiled and whipped the oil until consistent before packing into capsules. I had VERY strong results. In fact I just posted in another CBD thread about my results, and I mentioned making my own thread about it, if you would be interested. Its going to be about CBD or CBD:thc(1:1) extraction methods.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1