just got hit with spider mites :(

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by fatskunnk, Dec 7, 2009.

1. few days ago noitces some bug crawling around looked closer and bam spider mights

i have about 6 lady bug on the plants right now there eating them but 6 are not gunna do any good .

is there any site u guys know u can order frozen lady bug's?

or and spray i could make with some stuff that spider mites dont like chill peppers garlic etc ...

anhy help will work

2. hate to be the bearer of bad news, but ladybugs usually only eat aphids. alot of people say they work, and they do to a certain extent, but not as well as some miticide. pyrethreum (probly spelled it wrong) works really well, but is super toxic. sometimes a one to three solution of rubbing alcohol to water works well, but this is also not very effective unless you get em right away. its nearly impossible to get rid of mites, but if youre in flowering, id say do what you can, but dont stress too much, they dont usually kill plants, just stunt growth reaaally bad. good luck with that

3. This. Or depending on how bad it is / what stage you are at i've heard no-pest strips work wonders on mites.

4. Your fuked.... Azamax is the only thing working for me so far, and I have tried everything. If you have ladybugs feeding on your plant they do eat spidermites and thier larve do a better job. Use Azamax by GH as a soil drench, it won't hurt the lady bugs and when they are off the plant, treat as a foliar spray, though you should be all set and not have to by then.

5. lol. bam!, you got hit with spider mites.

6. does azamax have any illeffect on the plants?

7. Go online and find out about predator mites. Only thing that ever really worked ok for me. They come in a vial with sawdust, just wet down your plants with water and sprinkle the predator infested sawdust on the leaves and leat nature takes its course. They wont kill all the mites but they'll get the infestation under control enough to finish up. Then harvest and clean up everything so it doesn't happen again.

8. HIGH All, saw dust? Ours came like this and you put the leaves that have Adults and eggs on them onto the leaves of your infected plant.

Works best if you have a minor Attack.

Attached Files: