Just got fired...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by TheSingingStoner, Nov 30, 2017.

1. So I work at a chicken plant. I've worked there for 3 months and I'm reliable. Most of the men in the plant are drinking on the job and people are getting hurt because of it. Anyway, I got randomly drug tested and I was honest with them. I smoke for cerebral palsy related pain and anxiety. At night. After work. At the time I hadn't smoked in 16 hours. So needless to say, I got fired. Which is utter fuckery.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. #2 Dizzy, Nov 30, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    True that you should not have been fired smh sorry to hear that :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. I don't even want to know what working at a 'chicken plant' entails.

If you can do that, you can do anything. Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. sounds gross lol^

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sorry to hear this Op.
    Totally bogus

6. It's not a slaughterhouse. It's cutting/packaging the carcasses. I'm probably going back to Waffle House.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Disgusting

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Right? I was pissed, but I came home and smoked annd now I'm good.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. The drug test has been widely adopted as a means of removing unwanted people.. I've saw a guy cut two of his fingers off and not get drug tested and ive saw a guy slide and lightly fall onto one knee on the ice and get drug tested for it..

Hopefully you can find a better place

Sent from my shithole using my fuckface

• Like Like x 1
  10. I'm thinking it's mostly because of my disability. I have difficulty walking and it makes me a perceived liability. Either that or just really shitty luck on my part

11. Sorry to hear OP.

Regular citizens are only as free, as the bureaucracies ruling over them allow it. Weed is still considered evil "drugs" among the majority of the world's population, and as such the clueless Muggles will consider smokers to be terrible people by default. Unemployable at least.

Waffle House is its own special place of disaster, but I wouldn't despair too much about being let go from a chicken plant.

[​IMG]

Good luck further on, and I hope you find something else.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. I know Waffle House is chaos, but I've dealt with it for three years. I can go back to it no problem. And I'm not really upset. More irritated at the unjustness of it.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Jobs are scarce and employees are not. Economics.

Cold world for chicken eaters, eh?

14. Man that blows, sorry to hear about this op

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. why don't you try to sue? I'm sure a lot of up and coming lawyers would love to take your case to build their resume's, may even get pro bono from a civil action group or something, if it works out I want $5 for suggesting,

16. I love waffle house!

17. I worked at Mickey D's for my first job as a young scrub (I was paid a whopping 1.68$ an hour.). I hated that job and I hated the general manager even more. As petty revenge, whenever someone opened the freezer door I would toss a pickle on it. Pickle would stick, door would shut, pickle would freeze weld to that fucking door for eternity.

Weeks and then months go by. The pickles got a bit out of control and so workers were ordered to chiseled it off every so often. It became a game where the general manager would fume and cry, then promise to call fire and brimstone down upon the heasds of the perpetrators. So I got slick and had this perfect under pitch I did when I pulled the buns out of the bread grilling machine.

I eventuall got careless, bored and hated my job enough to get caught. GM throws the chisel at me and orders me to get the stone cold frozen pickles off the door. I let the chisel drop with out trying to grab it and walked out. I got fired too...

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  18. I worked in a large grocery store for years during high school. They'd throw out an embarrassing amount of food every 2 days or so, either because it was out of date, or slightly damaged, or overstock.

We'd generally destroy any of that stuff that was fun destroying. The store had a back area outside, where we could experiment and devastate at will. Lots of these happened

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
  19. UPDATE: I went back to my last job and I'm getting one of the busiest stores in the area Friday-Monday nights! At the chicken plant I had to work 6 days a week to make a decent check.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Keep fake urine with you at all times either in your car or in a jacket pocket. I'm a nurse and we have to count narcotics every shift change to make sure no one takes them, if anything's off from either an addict stealing them or some careless nurse losing them chances are all the nurses involved with the cart are going to have to take a test so I stay ready for that kind of stupid shit. I've never been drug tested for any other reason as a nurse, not for hiring or anything lol.

• Like Like x 1