Just Got Fired Need Advice

Discussion in 'General' started by af420balla, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Well I've been having trouble with my car lately, battery and alternator and I woke up this morning to go to work and my car wouldn't start so I call in work as I did earlier in teh week cuz I had to get a jump (told them I would be late) I've had this job for 6months as a land surveyor and they called me back and told me I miss work too much and they had to let me go. I want to find a job in warehouse, or like as a mail room clerk or a mover or something for ups, fedex or usps. I want a job that isn't customer service related and you don't have to dress up really for the job. My last job was 9hr but I def need something at least 8hr. What are some ideas/places/jobs that would suit me that I could get that wouldn't be too strict on background check meaning marijuana possession wouldn't hold me back.

2. Haha dude i just recently got fed up with "upscale" job bullshit at best buy and went to a temp agency. As of last night i now work at a place that builds actuators. It's going to be wierd but go to a temp agency. The will get you the hookup and if you don't screw up the place they send you might hire you on full time and you are set. Aside from that just straight up look for a shop job. Also you could do electrical work but you will prolly die before you get the hang of it.

Just a warning though. If you go blue collar you will have to bust your ass like never before day after day and work with job hazards. If you make it a year with all your fingers and your life you should be set. I smell like oil and i can't feel my fingers but i've never had a better day at work :)

Also go watch fight club :D

If you need more info about the other side of the tracks feel free to ask. It's where i've hung my hat for 3 years now.

*edit*
    Also don't smoke for a week or two to clean your system out. Even electrical jobs with coke heads running the show will drug test you. Oh also shop around. One electrical job I had I worked so hard skin was missing from my fingers(i had tough skin been doing it for a year) and the dude comes up and bitches that i wasn't working fast enough. The other guy with me was like "dude he's working his fucking fingers off" but he was back to bitching the next day. Most electrical/plumbing jobs are run by evil slaver drivers but if you get on with a big company that does comercial work it's usually not as bad. Corse if you mess up working with that much current your what we like to call "popcorn people" but meh atleast you won't be working for a meth head.

I've broken my hip and been electrocuted more times than i can count but i still keep working. you will take damage and get bit but meh beats all the bullshit you have to put up with in a pretty white collar :)

Take whatever you can get at first and bust your ass and you should live.

I leave you with a poem that was on the outhouse wall that has stuck with me through the years.
    "I work like a dog all day just to make a dollar, oh how i love my pretty blue collar"
    And one that was just funny
    "here i sit tired and dirty trying to shit untill 4:30" HAHAHAHA I miss that fucker.

PS. It helps if you are funny, a little bit crazy and "wolfish" if you lack the last two you might want to keep that white shirt on ;)

3. My dream is to be a Red Bull van driver. They just drive around the area all day drinking red bulls and delivering them to the shipping points.

:hello:eric:hello:

4. but you'd miss out on all the fine "shitter poetry"! :laughing:

Erm and you have to have like a perfect driving record for the past 10 years to get a driver job. 1 ticket 1 fender bender and you might as well be pissing in the wind

Actually guys. If you have anything like this you are thinking about doing post it up and i'll give you some advice. I've been alot of places