Just got done with my grow room

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by head4life, Feb 28, 2007.

1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

what you think?

2. Fucken sick YO

3. well I just bought some purp seeds from weedfarmer

4. The room has potential, but you'll need a lot more light, assuming you are going to grow enough plants to fill that area. Also that air purifier thing won't to squat for odor.

5. damn

will it help at all?

it has a carbon filter idk

6. Looks pretty cool, kidn of just looks like a closet with a thermometer and a air filter though? Maybe im wrong

What r u planning on growing in there, you wont get much using those lights.

7. man, id recomend some more floros, or gettign a hps, if u wanna grow dope, those 2 strip lights wont do much im afriad, tho ur closet looks pretty good onther than that, better than my grow area :)

8. Move you thermometer down by the plants for a more accurate temp.

9. those light WILL grow MJ , just keep em close. get different light for flower, yes more light will grow them faster.... But those Will grow.....
    If that thermometer is like minbe the wire leads down to the probe that monitors temps..... batt operated.... read here and locate Mr greens I grow Chronic video. Its a very helpful guide....Gluck buddy...

10. Yo whats up M. i was interested last night when you said you were going to do this, looks nice, my set up is a pot with some dirt in it on my window sill, wana see who gets a bigger yeild.

11. there is a sensor which leads down ;)

also I was thinking some clamp lights?

idk not much left in my budget lol

I just bought some purp seeds cant wait :D

oh and I was also thinking a single flouro at every corner

12. Fluoros will work for the vegatative phase of the plants life yes, but they have to be about 2 inches from the tops of your plants at all times. If you just ran a single line of plants down the center of the room and kept the fluors close then you'd be okay for a while, but adding a clamp light in each corner wouldn't do much good. If there is any way you could scrape together some extra cash and get a light like this http://www.htgsupply.com/viewproducts.asp?subID=60&catID=12
    then you could fill that room with buddah. And as for that air purifier.....The carbon filter in it is so small that it won't have enough surface area to do anything about odor. If you are growing more than a few plants, than you'll need to invest in one, or make your own which is cheaper........

13. well next time i will use those lights

with the profit from this batch i dont think ill have a problem donationg soem to lighting ;)

also what would be the best air cleaner for me to put in there?

14. Ooo. nice job h4l.

+rep

15. thanks evil

:D

ooo h4l i liek that one

16. looks very simple and easy lol good luck

17. Also what ferts to use?

and when do I use them?

18. to first off plus rep on the space, if i were u i would stik with them stik floros through veg-keeping in mind with the budget, keep them at 3 inches off tops of plants for about 30 days after plant comes out of dirt and forms first set of true leafs,not the round ones,until the round ones start to turn brown and fall down a bit is when you might want to give some ferts, i would go quarter strength or not at all depending on how the plant responds to them. as for soil just buy some potting soil with no time release ferts and maybe a bag of perlite and mix it 25% perlite to potting soil. before you start seed germinate them in a paper towel put it in a tupperware dish on top of your comp monitor with a lid on the tupperware, make sure to put some water in there just dampen the paper towel.in around 3 days you will see the taproot sticking out seed shell,stik a pencil a 1/4 inch into dirt and point seed root down,cover with dirt...etc ok so now we go back to needing some more light,get one clamp light for every 2 plants at home depot,6.00 for clamp and get some 2700 k cfls they are color coded on the package and you want like the 42 actual watters. they have 2 packs for like 9.00/you need 2 for every clamplight you buy,then you need to go in the lighting accessorie isle and get 1 Y connector light socket screw in thingy for each clamplight you buy,so u just run 2 cfls on every plant and alternate the side of the pot you clamp too every other plant for nice cheap coverage-and keep them stick floros going on top,also try to LST to give maximum light exposure/absorbtion ------good luck sorry so long

19. thanks man!

im going to home depot tomorrow or maybe even tonight idk

also I bouight some oraganic soil with peat moss

I knwo peat moss asorbs 25x in water and I was thinking this would be good for growing

idk though if its not ill go buy some other kind of soil

20. ok im going to home depot tonight

Im making a diy carbon filter

And geting some clamp lights with cfls