Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

just got caught. need to convince parents

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Alecskates12, May 17, 2011.

1. i got caught pretty much sums up what happened.
    My mom has been researching effects on the central nervous system and the brain with weed. She has found a lot of info on memory loss and stuff. how do i counter her to prove to her its not all that bad?

2. lol at the ironic ness of those post haha
    just watch super high or fuck whats its called uh..... i forget the name but its that one movie that everyone has watched on google... its a documentry ill remeber it and the post in a jiffy haha brb

3. search for the user Granny on here, she has tons of info in her sig, sit down and sift through them with your mom, acknowledging that you both will have an open mind.

4. yup. let her watch the union.

5. Have them watch the union, that should counter a lot of the misconceptions involved with marijuana your parents have. But don't think convincing them will be an easy task, most people are raised on the idea that weed is this terrible life ruining drug. And just that video might not change their minds.

6. yea union thanks guys haha

7. Memory loss comes with smoking weed, tell her to shut the fuck up and write down her groceries on paper

8. Turn 18, move out. Solved.

9. Were you talking about Super High Me with Doug Bensen?

10. Yeah, the union is a HUGE counterpoint for any type of negative points to marijuana use.

11. yea man haha

12. Yes, show your mom the union, the most biased documentary i have ever seen...

Any anti pot person will see the union as propaganda. Just as we see reefer madness as propaganda.

lmao the union, kids these days

13. dude, memory loss is somewhat of an effect of marijuana. mostly everyone i have talked to who have been smoking for a while feels like the have gotten stupider. Its just what coms with the herb. it doesent KILL your brain, but it has some effects. We cannot lie. And inhaling burning plant matter isnt good. But really. let her watch the union and see what she says. if she says its still bad cuz its illegal(like my dad said). just say your very careful with it and will most likely not get caught, and its not all that bad. Really, Cannabis is just as harmful as sitting on xbox all day.

14. We should make a sticky thread.... if you are living with parents that don't approve... and you got caught... come here. Since there seems to be so many underage kids that dont follow the rules, or just disrespect their parents. I know I can just avoid clicking these threads, and I normally do.... But I get tired of seeing them!

ahhh.... much better. sorry.

15. Pretty sure there IS a sticky thread about getting caught.

16. Common sense prevails!

The Union isn't the fucking ark of covenant, it's merely a movie, and when was the last time a Michael Moore movie turned a hardened conservative into a liberal hippy? Oh yeah that's right, it's a documentary not goddamn magic.

Will Smith said it best "parents just don't understand", if you're parents are believing all that propaganda bullshit (or even just using it as an excuse to give you hell for smoking) watching a film won't change their minds, they'll just think it's propaganda.

17. Really? Marijuana is harmful? I thought we were in 2011, not 1935 when marijuana was banned. Tell her to think about where she's getting her info, most of those sites saying how harmful marijuana is are organizations who get paid by the government to spread false information.

http://www.drugwarrant.com/articles/why-is-marijuana-illegal/ <--- HERE AND,

Recent Research on Medical Marijuana - NORML <---- HERE

If she believes in God, ask her this: if marijuana is so harmful, why did god create it for so many uses? it's a universal plant. why would a God create such a great plant with so many uses, and so many ways to help people with medical problems if it was just a trick? God isn't dumb, he isn't a deceiver like satan, God clearly created cannabis for his creation to use.

Marijuana prohibition is satan itself.

18. #20 Oceanic, May 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2011
    I guess there can be some short term memory loss. But not really, it just all depends on how healthy your mind is and if you exercise it or not. I can say with 100% certainty that marijuana is far, far, far better than alcohol or tobacco. If you just sit around and get high all day long day after day and aren't making $$ then you're just a fucking loser and probably already have things wrong with your brain besides weed.

People tend to focus on the extremes of everything, tell your mom everyone's different and the highs effect people differently. And yeah, when you smoke it you don't automatically turn into a fat stupid couch dwelling lard ass