Just got busted for possesion

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by hendy, Mar 17, 2009.

1. SO! Me and my friend just picked up an 1/8th of the dankest dank Ive seen in a while and smoke a blunt on the way to the bookstore. After buying a high times, we proceed home. We get to our town and hes going like 40,in a 25, and a cop spots us, flips a bitch and pulls us over. I put the weed in my shoe and act natural. He gives us the whole speeding bullshit talk and then says okay, wheres the marijuana. and I was like FUUUUUUUCCCKKKK. So I panic and give him it, but he didn't know where I grabbed it from. He asks for my license and then gives my friend a field sobriety test because he thinks he was on opiates? I was like hmm ok. Then 3 more cops pull up and I start talking with this one cop trying to have him realize I'm just a normal guy. Then I rememberd I had my NORML card from here. The main cop asks me to get out of the car because hes going to cuff me and I was like woah buddy, here- give him the card and hes like, "WTF?! WHATS THIS FOR???" and I say "well, you never gave me my rights when you said youre gonna cuff me so Im letting you know that for my protection down the road, I want to go with whats on here." After him reading it through he told us to get up and get back in teh car because it was our lucky day (funny how that happens, when they fuck up and we find out its no big deal) I got a fucking possession of under 40g's. i have to go to court. Im going to tell the judge it was not mine, i never told the cop it was mine, it was my friends truck, and they should let me off. As for my friend, he got a speeding ticket. Yep, tahts it. Sweet huh? I feel like cops are after me. My rap sheet is like a page long and I'm not abad person at all. I always hear other people getting away with way worse than that, but me, I ALWAYS get fucked. :mad:

2. even if you say it wasnt yours it was found on you and your handed the bag to the officer so that probably isnt going to be the best argument to present in court.

and saying its not yours is going to drag your friend into all of this since it was his vehicle.

3. This may be obvious but:
    1. Don't speed in neighborhoods/parking lots/ private areas/ etc (cops sit in spots like that)
    2. Don't just give out whatever is in your posession. The cop seemed to have assumed you two were too high to notice how fast your were going and assumed you had more marijuana on you.
    3. Extend your rights! If you let them abuse you like that your rights won't help you anymore in court.
    4. Even if you say the marijuana wasn't yours doesn't really mean a thing. You handed the cop the 1/8th so I'm pretty sure that automatically means it was yours (hence it being in your possesion)

4. They cant just send him a letter in the mail saying hes being charged with possession 2 weeks later. Thats how I got away with beer in my truck like 4 months ago when I got my dui. We were both smoking the weed, he was the one speeding not me. i dont think i should be in troubble. I shoulda left it in the glovebox.

5. ^^ yeah. that.

you made it so easy for him....

6. so you just straight up gave the pig the 8th?

dumb dumb dumb dumb move, you deserved it.

7. That would have sovled the problem

8. That sucks bro but those are the risks of the everyday toker man

9. what does it say on the card you handed him?

i have never heard of this "norml card"

10. you have the right to remain silent, you do know this i hope? and why the hell would you remind him that he didn't read you your rights? the case would be thrown out of court if he forgot to read you your rights.

11. I hereby invoke and refuse to waive all of the following rights and
    privileges afforded to me by the U.S. Constitution:
    • I invoke and refuse to waive my Fifth Amendment right to
    remain silent. Do not ask me any questions.
    • I invoke and refuse to waive my Sixth Amendment right to an
    attorney of my choice. Do not ask me any questions without my
    attorney present.
    • I invoke and refuse to waive all privileges and rights pursuant
    to the case ​
    Miranda v. Arizona. Do not ask me any questions or make
    any comment to me about this decision.
    • I invoke and refuse to waive my Fourth Amendment right to be
    free from unreasonable searches and seizures. I do not consent to
    any search or seizure of myself, my home, or of any property in my
    possession. Do not ask me about my ownership interest in any
    property. I do not consent to this contact with you. If I am not
    presently under arrest or under investigatory detention, please allow
    me to leave.
    • Any statement I make, or alleged consent I give, in response
    to your questions is hereby made under protest and under duress and
    in submission to your claim of lawful authority to force me to provide

you with information.

12. Anyways, at least it's only a misdemeanor.

13. I donot know why I gave it to him, I was really high and was panicing. I was hoping when he saw how dank it was hed let me go for a bowl of it... but he obviously didnt smoke.

14. 'nough said. Seriously dude? And just go the speed limit, it's not hard to not get pulled over.

15. I just got busted about two weeks ago and I handed it over only because we were caught hotboxing with a bowl in rotation. I just got a 3 hour drug class for $50, but still, he caught us in the act so there's no hiding from that. You had a cop who assumed with no evidence; you panicked too hard.

And why don't stoners know to carry at least one cigarette with them for an easy dank deodorizer? So easy to get away with.

16. He smelt the dank it was stinkin up the car, we did have cigarettes, I was NOT driving, my friend was- I always go the speed limit.

17. dunno, just sucks to be you bra

18. Always have tha 9 ready cuz incase a bitch pulls you over

This only works if you get stopped LATE or in a place w/o alot of cars/ active people you can see. Most cop cars have shitty cameras IF they have cameras at all and you just BOOK IT

19. You are going to try to get your friend in trouble for the weed? wtf is wrong with you?