Just got an iPhone

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by Darth_Bane, Mar 28, 2010.

1. The only problem I have with it is that it isn't recognized by Windows and therefore, I can't sync it with iTunes. I can still charge it through a wall outlet, but only after the battery is almost dead. It doesn't really bother me because there are apps available that let you transfer files through wifi and I was still able to download apps.

Anyways, I love this phone. The size, the touchscreen, maps, safari, everything. I'm typing this post from it despite my computer being about three feet away from me.

I will never be bored again, wherever I go.

2. I love my iphone!

Have any good aps yet?

3. iPhone killa up in hurr!

Nah, but I own a BB Bold 9700. Honestly my stubby fingers are no good on touch screens and I don't like the physical feedback either. Plus its a touchscreen, so you know; I have to touch the screen. And I'm one of those guys that's always wiping his phone from smudges anyways.
    I recommend the Slacker Radio app, I like the randomness of radio and listening to music I wouldn't have otherwise heard. My musics fine but sometimes you end up listening to the same band/song over and over again.
    Also I don't have flash which is a real pain in the ass. Its nice to now I'm in the same boat as droid users tho.

Anyways, enjoy your new iphone and don't get addicted; I hear people get hooked on that calorie counter.

This Post Posted From My CrackBerry :)

4. All I have right now is the Facebook app. I had to use my mother's credit card to make an account and I don't want to buy anything until my manager gives me my new debit card and I change the billing information. I absolutely love mine as well.

I'm the same way about smudges. I wipe my screen off damn near every time I use it. I already am addicted to it, last night my friends were threatening to take it from me if I didn't put it away haha.

I will be vetting the 'real digital scale' app for kicks though, along with a d20 dice roller app and airshare since I can't connect to my pc via USB.

5. jailbreak it.

6. shoulda waited a couple months in july a new one will probably come out

7. Why jailbreak it if he still has the warranty? He loses any chance of a replacement if it's jailbroken.

8. A restore will get you you're warranty back I have taken my 3GS and old 3G back to the Apple store to get fixed and they can't tell if you restore to the official firmware from DFU mode... I even asked the Genius haha

9. #9 ecksean, Apr 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2010

so true, i used to hustle iPhones in highschool and always restored iphones and got em exchanged at the apple store (although i did know 2 geniuses)

jailbreak is one of the best things you can do for iphone because it allows you to put a 5 column springboard and 5 across dock and not to mention you can get any appstore app for absolutely free

Attached Files:

10. Jailbreak it dude... everything that is becoming available for 4.0 is already available for the jailbroken phones. Multitasking, folders, quick reply text, themes, and free apps for you pirates. Remember though, that last part is illegal.
    However jailbreaking doesn't void your warranty like everyone thinks.

This is my phone's homescreen
    (settings, clock, 4 different folders, phone, tomtom, web browser, camera, text)

Attached Files:

• sb.jpg
      sb.jpg
      File size:
      47.8 KB
      Views:
  11. I'm pretty sure iPhones are windows compatible...Pretty much every iPod including touch is.

12. #1 App any stoner must have if no one has posted it yet is the Flashlight app. Perfect for packing bowls in the dark. Also the Pandora Radio app, it's great. I jailbroke mine a few months ago, took about 2 minutes to learn and 5 to do with the help of Google :hello:
    Once it's cracked you can get a lot more customization out of it, and now I have a "tap to unlock" instead of the slider which I would often mess up especially when High or tired.

Have Fun :)

13. Yer dude, jailbreaking is the way to go. Tell you what though, you need to watch out for the moisture sensors on the top and bottom of the phone, in the Dock connector and in the headphone port (2 more inside but they only go off if your phones completely submerged!). I had my old iPhone's warranty voided because it went off from the steam in my bathroom.

14. Ya dude jailbreaking will unleash the full potential of your iphone. Categories hasn't come out until 4.0, wtf, was Steve Jobs like no you fill never fill a ton of screens with multiple games and music apps?

Anyways heres my lockscreen and screenboard

get-attachment.aspx.jpg

get-attachment.aspx (1).jpg

15. yeah i have a 3GS and its perfectly fine on vista.

16. Hey man - Gz on the iPhone. Personally i got a Hero as my phone but i do have an iPod touch for my music.

Anyway, they are Windows compatible. Did you figure this shit out yet? if not gimme a shout.