Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

just got a possession paraphernalia charge..

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Kid Mescudi, Jun 23, 2011.

1. I was walking home from a friend's right down the street from my house and next thing i know 2 cop cars surround me and ask if i had any stolen items on me... which i didn't, just my piece and a little less than an 8th.

Basically I got a misdemeanor for possession & paraphernalia, and I have a court date in August.

I live in Indiana, so I'm just wondering how much money i'm going to need for all this?

I'm assuming I don't need a lawyer or anything... I've just never gotten any sort of ticket so I don't know where to begin. I'm 19, but my parents and a lot of my friends have no idea I smoke so I can't really ask them for advice.

2. I live in Indiana too prepare your anus what part of indiana?

3. Hamilton County.. how bad do you think it'll be?

4. You could easily be looking at jail time

5. That's fucked up man, a year in jail?

6. indiana is hard core man!

7. I'm guessing the sentence would be more than a minor assault charge.

8. I guess I forgot to leave out a very big detail haha. They said they'd cut me a break after they realized I had nothing stolen on me. They said I wouldn't be facing jailtime at all and that I would just have two misdemeanors. Still don't know what that means as far as fines or anything go though..

9. The cops won't be the one sentencing you bro...

10. They might take it easy on you. Even on that norml page there is a "possible conditional discharge on first offense"

Prob get some probation etc.

11. How did the cops find out what you had on you? It sounds like you told them, but I don't want to assume anything.

12. i don't get why they thought you had stolen stuff on you in the first place

13. He immediately handcuffed me and asked if i had anything stolen on me, I said no. Then he frisked the pockets in my shorts and found the bag of weed, and then I told him where the bowl was in my jacket pocket.

14. they write the paper work and influence the judges decision more than u think.

ive had cops give me a break on my first(and only) offense

15. I was walking around with "overly bulging pockets" according to them. Had my phone, keys, bag, and a bowl in my pockets. :confused:

16. cool cops

17. jesus, i didn't know fat pockets were against the law, sounds like bullshit

anyways good luck man

18. You might be able to get off based on unreasonable search and seizure, but you should check the laws of your state first.

19. those fucking pigs no right to search you unless they always say "there has been a robbery in the area we need to check for stolen property" they make that shit up whenever they see u and u need to say no and not give em nething