Just got a possession charge need advice!!!!!

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by tokemonster, Oct 6, 2011.

1. #1 tokemonster, Oct 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2011
    So here's what happened, Im in college and i live in the dorms i had just gotten hold of these cookies that were really fucking powerful they were so dank that you only needs to take a 1/4 of one and you'd be fucked up:eek:. So i was talking to this hot girl and she said her and a friend wanted to try one. So i give the chicks a 1/4 of one to split and they eat it then i leave to go to a study group.so Im walking back to the dorms after like a half an hour and i see fire truck an ambulance and 2 cop cars, so im still just minding my own business, i get into my room and im chillin there for a good 10 min then i here a knock on the door and it was the fucking cops. so long story short they found a pill bottle that i used to keep weed in(but there was nothing in it) and some cookie crumbs. And i guess the chick was trippin so hard that she called the cops:mad:

SO the question is how fucked am i, i live in oregon and i have never gotten a charge like this before?

2. Deny deny and deny some more. Say you don't know what they're talking about and they got nothing on cause they have evidence unless they actually even the slightest amount of bud.

3. Deny that shit... and it is Oregon...

Never give super chronic to noobs yo.

4. #4 SmokinBowlers, Oct 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2011
    First off, I hope you didn't say anything to the police that would incriminate yourself. By speaking to the police you are revoking your own 5th amendment right as protected by the constitution.

Secondly, the bottle that your name is on it does not prove that it is yours. It was not found in your possession and it is just as likely that "some drug addict stole your pills and then used your bottle to stash his weed" as it is likely that it is yours.

If you've incriminated yourself by making a statement to the police (without the presence of an attorney, who would definitely advise that you do not do this) you could face some potentially serious charges. It is one thing to possess marijuana but sale/distribution charges can be brought against you even if you merely "gifted" the substance to the girls.

Lastly, never discuss an open case with anybody except your lawyer. Do not post about it online, do not speak with your friends about it, do not speak with your family about it. Granted this is not a serious case but let me inform you of something...

The 5th amendment states that you do not need to incriminate yourself, or "bare witness" against yourself when speaking to law enforcement. It doesn't have to do with your friends or family. If the prosecutor felt the need, and with the proper proceedings filed in court, the prosecutor could actually subpoena your friends and family as witnesses to testify against you. They could be criminally charged for lying under oath.

5. Im pretty sure this guy knows what hes talking about. And "Just got a possession charge?" how did that happen? like what did you even say to the cops. seems like you dug yourself a pretty big hole if u got charged. Maybe we can still help you here.

6. why'd you let them search your shit? Did you ask them if they had a warrent? Cuz I'm at u of o and the cops tried to search my friends dorm and he pretty much told them to piss off if they didnt have a warrent and the cops couldn't do shit about it....

That sux tho bro, it sucks to get in trouble cuz someone else cant hold their shit.

7. OP is a dumbass. they had nothing on him, he probably admitted to it, then he got charged.

totally avoidable lmao

8. [quote name='"MelonZ"']why'd you let them search your shit? Did you ask them if they had a warrent? Cuz I'm at u of o and the cops tried to search my friends dorm and he pretty much told them to piss off if they didnt have a warrent and the cops couldn't do shit about it....

That sux tho bro, it sucks to get in trouble cuz someone else cant hold their shit.[/quote]

colleges have the right to search dorms because it's their property. Just like locker in high school. Correct me if im wrong though

9. yup, youre absolutely right. the other dude is lying or the cops were retards

10. Am I the only one who has had better luck with cops when I'm straight up and honest with them? They listen to liars ALL DAY LONG, if you show them respect and decency by telling the truth and treating them as equals, your outcome WILL be better.

If you're white, that is :(
    Sad, but true.

11. "sir, what is marijuana and who is that girl?"

12. lol at the noob girl for not being to handle it. Her heart was probably beating really fast and she started freaking out. funnnnny. But that sucks for you op. Hope u didn't incriminate yourself. Good Luck.

13. This is not necessarily true. It varies from university to university so I would suggest that anybody moving into a dorm takes a good look at their lease agreement.

When I attended the University of Kansas the police were frequently called to different dorm rooms because an RA smelled marijuana odor coming from the room. This is what we found out
    --At KU the police are called to a dorm room every time an RA detects the smell of marijuana. HOWEVER, when the police get there you can refuse to let them search twice, and the third time the dorm lets them search your room without asking you.
    --Regardless of letting them search your room or not, you will always be written up by your RA.

I've heard of schools with stricter policies and I've heard of schools with lighter policies.

14. you can use those two times to stall like hell and get rid of the evidence lol.
    be like,"what was that? i cant hear you?......you want to what? well.............uh.......wait what?...."
    *door burst open*
    [​IMG]

15. Lol dude you have no idea how many times I saw cop cars outside my dorm and I was like FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKKKKKKKKKKKK. Never came to my room though, couple times was real close though.

16. thats what you get for giving girls something just because they bat their eyes at you. lesson learned :)

17. My friend and I actually had a recording of a cop coming into his room on accident. We had smoked and we were freestyling and recording it. All of a sudden there was a knock on the door.. The cop tried all sorts of witty cop tricks to get his foot in the door but we just kept telling him "Sorry, I don't consent to any searches. I know you're just doing your job but if I don't use my 4th amendment right i will lose it. Have a good day."