Just getting started

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by blaq, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Hi has been a few days now and like the first sprouts of the seed I have much to learn to grow big and strong...lol Every thing I thougth I was doing right seem to be more wrong which is ok live learn and grow I say . So first time growing and I have been testing with some good indica that I save seeds from , started wit M. Grow Natures care and in the first day of being on the site I now know I need to find a better choice. been watering with water and ground up egg shell and fresh used coffee grounds which I let sit for a few days . Learning about nutes and soil addments and collecting the right items for my first educated grow I,m set on some white widow . Right now working with a 120 watt floral lamp and going to a 400 watt set soon . Any thoughts or advice would be great , Thanks to all

2. Cool great news ....for me any how , just started seeing the female sex for the first time on my grow 2 out of 6 look to be female and I,m happy as a hoot !! What ever that is . I hope to have pics up soon .

3. pics blaq or it didn't ha.....

good luck

4. Happy frog is a very good soil for veg and flower. I use it in 5 gallon pales. Make sure you use a nice hardwood mulch, will help prevent soil dryout. As for nutes organic is easiest. Blood meal and alaskan fish and kelp for veg, bone meal and kelp for flower. I usually feed nutes every 4 days. Couple teaspoons around drip line switching off. Cal/mag is also a good nute to have if you need. I ise HI Yield. Organic is super easy and its hard to screw up. And the smoke is super smooth so in my opinion its a win win. Message me if u ever want. Good luck man

5. Kool thanks for the info . and yes I have 2 girls lol call me dad, I just order a mars 300 watt light set up and started getting items like the bone meal and pearlite , will be looking into happy frog . This is exciting to see the progress of life in the grow .

6. You may want to read up some on scrogging. I can say for certain it increased my bud plant production this time as well as plant topping. Scrogging is also nice in my opinion for controlling plant height. Below is a pic of my current grow 3 weeks into flower coming off a 5 week veg done in soil and only organic nutes. Just some different ideas for you

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hey black mamba thanks for the scrogging tip yes looks like something I would like to try I,m focus on growing at the moment after that space management next working with 4'x4' space but area is old shower and I have a drain right in the floor so it looks like things like flushing should be no problem. Did one female bent at fourth knode and tide down not sure of the right term but did this on a male or should say suspected male and only after 1 day the plant is growing strong and is fully back up from bend.any hoot I,m going to try to post some pics . thanks again.

Attached Files:

8. Some more pic

Attached Files:

9. You may want to let them get a little bigger primarly the stalk thickness. U dont want to shock them to bad early on. Below is a pic of a stalk i broke over a few days ago. Just broke it gently and laid it on scrog. Plant is almost healed and broke stem has turned up towards light. Now lower plant is thickening lower shoots to make more cholas. In a few days there size will improve. The pics below show the plant. This plant is in total 7 weeks old. Normally i only do this type of training in veg but early flower still works while stretch is still occurring, its not ideal to do this in flower but the plant was small and needed to catch up quickly with others. This was fasted way.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Update !!!!

Lots going on working on a new veg area and my worm box , need to make my own worm casings , got the mars light now for 3 days and wow plants love it and that's one reason I need to make a veg area cause I,m running into space isusses . Cant belive I can not find a good ph meter on the shelf seems I have to look at getting 1 off the net . Any at lots of great info from fourm and I,ll have more to come later including pics.

11. I got a cheap one at walmart. Think it was like 15 bucks. Its not digital but it does the job. When i check ph i always check the soil as well as the water run off after watering. My ladies are just in early flower now. Just finishing up 4th week. Still have a long way to go. Im glad to hear things are going good man. I used happy frog soil this time. I like it a bit more than fox farm. Other than its worse with gnats but plants really like it.

Attached Files:

12. Looks like your girls are doing well, I,m just finishing up my scog and got the materals for a small veg spot for right now . My uneducated grow is moving along well I,ve learned quite a bit . Thanks mamba for your input . some pic s of my mess. Lol just up loaded to my P.C and lost them . oh well in a few back with the new.

13. looking good mate. this is my first grow im 5 weeks into flower tomorrow. this pic is 4 days old.

Attached Files:

14. some pics

Attached Files:

15. Bro that grow looks awesome !!!

16. I can tell u a trick, i start mine from sprout right into 5 gallon pale. I find its easier and u dont have to shock em by moving containers. How close is your light? I keep mine around 18inches its a 1000hps. U dont want to burn em but to high and u loose alot of spectrum. Also one plant a bucket is general rule. Otherwise roots can tangle and u can loose both plants. What are u using for nutes bro?

17. light is 18 " away from plants .area still a mess but got the scrog done now just have to set it up , using a 8,5,5 dry nugget nute grind it up and let sit in tap water for 48 hrs and feed every other watering watering every 4 days or when pot gets lighter in weight. when I get a good ph meter will get more detailed in nutes right now less is better . I guess.

18. Hey guys and girls hope all had a great Thanksgiving. did a paint and clean up of grow area and got my scrog ready to go things look great , also finish a new veg area my 2 female plants are 31 days out and looking ok 1 got caught in my vacuum so I,m nursing that one back the gants were driving me crazy and try to suck them up . My third gen seedling
    are 8 days old and looking great , started them with a bit more insight than the first gen. Here some pics of the set up. Grrr again with losing so pics in the phone transfer. oh well life goes on.

Attached Files:

19. So its been a bit but good things good things for sure.Just cut 2 clones from my female and its day 3 in soil and water , water ,water/ misting clones look good my set up is all set up ....lol srocg net made and waiting . My girls are 46 days old and will be switching to 12/12 at the first of 2018 running a mars 300 watt LED and all I can say is plants have grown well , lush green in color got my soil between 7.0 6.5 on the ph and have 15 gal. res. of tap water settling . Also have my organic soil cooking , went with Sun Gro BLACK GOLD� Canadian Sphagnum peat Moss,coast of main worm casting ,and pearlite .So now its just keeping my eye on things and waiting. Some pics to check out.

Attached Files: