Just Germinated My Seeds

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by purp dank22x, Oct 5, 2009.

1. So i just germinated my seeds and was wondering how to plant it. Should i soak the soil then put the seeds in?
    For the first few weeks i was gonna put them under some cfls and was wondering how long i should have the light on for. I was thinking like 18/6 maybe. Is that good? And how often should i water them? My friend said water them every 3-4 days and use some miracle grow spray stuff every week like every saturdayy. Is that good? And im growing 3 plants of some decent aries, and two plants of AK(from a seedbank) do i grow them the same or no ?

thanks everybody

2. The soil should be damp, not soggy. Make a hole one quarter inch deep in the soil with a pencil. Gently place the seed in the hole, with the tap root down if you can manage it. Lightly cover the planted seed with soil. Wait. If the soil dries out, you can spoon on some water. Not too much.

18/6 is good.

Keep the soil damp while it's a seedling. Once you progress to the vegetation phase, water when the soil is dry. Stick you finger in there up to the second knuckle. If it's dry, then add water, pH corrected water.

I'm not familiar with the miracle grow spray stuff. MG does not enjoy a stellar rep around these parts, though it's mostly the MG soil that folks decry. Don't fertilize for at least the first three weeks.

There are stickies at the top of this forum that contain lots of good info. I recommend that you check them out.

Good luck with your grow and welcome to the city. :wave:

3. The stickies here are awesome. Also the High Times "Ready,Set,Grow." DVD or dl helped me a bunch. The more you read, the better your chances, and we all have some kind of problems our first time so don't worry when they happen. Take care! :smoking::smoking::smoking:

4. HAVE I BEEN DOING SOMETHING WRONG??????????

FIRST TIME GROW

i had three seedlings ang germinated in a papertowel for about 3 days and they germed fine. ive had them under cfl 18/6 for about 8 or 9 days now and still nothing. im starting to believe they arent going to grow. what am i doing wrong?

5. when i done my 10 seeds i put them into paper towel and left them in the cupboard in the dark untill they came out of the shell then when they were out 2 days i put into soil and all 10 of my ones came out ,,

Good Luck with the grow :wave: