Just found this on my baby girl!! In

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Chelle69, Feb 24, 2018.

1. 9th week of flowering. Had to move her from old apt to new a week ago but seems fine. Didn't see on any other leaves! Any ideas?? 20180223_224006_Film1.jpg 20180223_224006_Film1.jpg 20180223_224122_Film1.jpg

2. Spider mite webbing.
    Throughly check the plant for mites using a magnifying glass.
    If you have webs, you’ve got mites.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I was reading that spraying plant down with water may work but will that affect my harvest? Can it wash off trichomes?

4. well man thc is constantly being produced and destroyed as light hits it, the light destroys the thc but also cuases the plant to produce more, with sufficient recovery time and a bit of sugars the plant will reform the trichs

5. I just went over entire plant and didn't find any webbing. Looked at underside of leaves with an "ok" magnifying glass and didnt spot anything unusual. Going to get a better glass tomorrow.

6. Any suggestions for the mites if it is them??

7. What week are you bringing them down?
    With it being week 9 of flower already I would do an extreme removal of fan leaves and remove them from your garden and hope for the best. Such a small infestation should be able to keep controlled with plucking of leafs for a week or so.

Keep in mind that they are probably everywhere else too and you should start treating your younger plants.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

8. Woah, hold your horses! Why does everyone insist this is spider mites?

I just had spider mites in flower, and spent the last couple months in some intense combat (and I won)! From my experience, this amount of webbing would have to be consistent with widespread damage extending to almost the entire plant, with bite marks on nearly every leaf. My infestation was already pretty bad; at its peak, I could see dozens of them crawling on nearly every leaf, yet the webbing was nothing like this. It was definitely not so localized, either.

My guess? If you can't see any critters or bite marks on the undersides of the leaves, then you simply had some cobwebs blown into the plant by a fan, or while transferring her to the new home. The leaves can be very sticky with resin late flower that will grab onto anything that flies into them, including dust/hair/webs.

My advice? Continue keeping a close eye with a magnifying glass. Arm yourself with the knowledge of what the damage will look like, but don't do anything drastic without her telling you to do so!

9. Wow!! That is some great news!!!
    Ive been going nuts because I haven't been able to see any mites nor evidence of biting! The only question that remains for me would be the pics i saw of mite/ eggs on leaves looked so similar to mine, this being my first grow I am new to all of it, including the trichomes . can you look at these pics and see for me.. I soooo appreciate it! TY! TY!TY!

Attached Files:

10. #10 Sanez, Feb 25, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    Yep, a cobweb full of spider eggs/flies could look similar to spider mite webbing. But like I said before it shouldn't be so isolated and without any secondary damage. :)

Is this a pic of your bud, to see how she's doing and estimate time until harvest? I'm still new to this too, and it's hard for me to judge from this one pic. But the leaves look sticky, and the pistils are turning amber, so those are all good signs to me that you are well along your way! I can't see any issues. More pics would help too. If you're using an Android phone, the "Cozy Magnifier" app gives me better focus for up-close pictures of the trichomes. If you're looking for something fun to do, you can also get a little magnifying glass to attach to your camera (Wish.com sells them pretty cheap) for some nice extra magnification!

[​IMG]

11. Cool! I'll check that out. Ty