Just found out that I have herpes

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by liekz0mg1, May 20, 2009.

1. Why me? I honestly feel like shit. I'm not a slut or anything, just unlucky.

Right now my self-esteem is down the toilet. I feel like I will never be loved again, who wants someone who is infected by this virus?

P.S. It is only oral herpes.

2. Oral herpes is extremely common. Don't stress out about it, just take precautions not to spread it.

3. oral herpes?

I know nothing about how to get oral herpes, how contagious it is, or how to treat it..but from this point on, common sense would dictate that you just take it easy and be responsible. maybe think twice about passing that blunt?

good luck in life to ya, Bad things happen to the best of us. thats life. :(

4. This is only a road bump, dude. It's not the end of your life.

Look at it this way, now when you do find someone and you tell them and they stick around you know they really want you for you. They don't care about ANYTHING else.

You're still the same fucking person. It's easily controlled and you'd be surprised at how many actually have it.

Nobody thinks you're a slut, don't worry. It could happen to anyone.

5. i love you.

feel betta?

6. so is this like the cold sore type...Herpes type 1?....You will be fine hunny. It will be a bit embarrassing when you get an outbreak on your lip, but just try to always apply medicine to it, so it can go away faster. It is not contagious when your herpes is dormant, but never have really close contact with people(ie: kissing, sharing drinks, blunt, joint) when you have a symptom.

edit: P.S: you are not a slut.....dont say that... this could occur to ANYONE. :eek:

7. Well, you ain't gotta be a slut to get oral herpes...if it's oral, you may not have even gotten it from 'sex'...coulda got it from sharing a drink with someone or smoking, even (which is kinda a scary thought for all us pot smokers)...Don't look down on yourself for it....in this day and age, just about everybody catches something at least once in their lifetime

The good thing is, even though there is no cure yet, it can be medicated and kept under control...

Good luck to you :)

8. Only oral herpes? Uhhh, like 2/3 of people have that. Most likely everybody on this site who has made out with more than three people has made out with somebody who has oral herpes unknowingly.

It's more commonly known as cold sores or fever blisters. Ask your doctor about getting a prescription for Acyclovir (Zovirax?) or even Valtrex. Valtrex is prescribed primarily for genital herpes but you can use it for oral herpes as well. Sure, most people can control their cold sores with something over the counter, like Abreva but if you don't want to wait the week for them to heal and go away, you can pop a Valtrex right when it starts tingling and it'll be gone in less than a day or two.

I get cold sores like twice a year but I take Valtrex only when I get them and I've never given one to my boyfriend. So cheer up! So many peopel live with that... It's really not a big deal. Now genital herpes? I'd be a little more bummed about that becuase that requires an awkward conversation with each new partner.

9. #9 JuicyGoose, May 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2009
    Oh, PS.

My best friend and my boyfriend's mom both have this. It's not uncommon at all and neither of these two beautiful people are sluts in any sense of the word. They have both said their outbreaks usually happen when they are stressed though, so just try to keep your stress levels low, get yourself some valtrex and when you feel an outbreak happening abstain from sharing drinks/bowls/kissing... whatever. You can still live a full life.

You are a beautiful person. Even if i don't know you personally.:D

(Hey, notice how most of the posts are girls. We're just coming together and giving out some of our girl love. We know what it's like. We've all felt completely cornered and it goes to show just how quickly we are to get in here and support rather than judge! :))

10. Don't stress about it. Just make sure to take precautions to not spread it. There's ways to make it less noticeable even. It's a very common illness, and alot of people end up with it just because they made one wrong choice. It's extremely common, really.

11. Is this why I no puff puff? Pass the dutchie! this is nothing! I cut myself shaving!

12. "Yeah whateva man."

13. wtf? is this thread serious? over 70% of the people have oral herpes.. i have it, and dont remember the last time i got a cold sore(thats what it is)

14. lolz, that's what i'm wondering too dude.. everyone gets cold sores! why are you so upset? yeah, technically it is "oral herpes" but i think most people just consider it to be a cold sore, which is normal..

15. lol ur trippin girl just take a few precautions, some advice from ur fellow blades/bladettes, and ull b alright. spark 1 up and just chillllll.:D

16. I am sorry to hear this. how did it happen

17. suicide is always an option & will help cut down on the transmission rate.

18. ^^^That's not even funny....she's obviously upset by this, as it is...I'm not trying to be ignorant....just sayin...:)

19. well she needs to get over it, because crying about it is ridiculous

20. its a cold sore, common thing, people just dont call it herpes because well, it sounds nasty when you call it herpes.