Just found a seed in my stash....

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by six_shooter, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Hey guys just found a seed in my bud and i know this strain is californian orange i checked the city shop says its suited for indoor growing :mad: i just wanna try anyway and see what happens i have no access to indoor growing as u may have already guessed, can someone please let me know if it's worth it and if so take me through what to do e.g germinating, where to plant etc.

cheers for your inputs in advance

2. Im pretty sure there are some germanating guides in the beginners growing section, check there

3. Is the seed green or white? If so it's immature and probably wont grow. If it's darker colored, it's mature and might grow with some TLC. There's a bunch of ways to germinate. I just put mine in the ground, but I usually have a lot of seeds, so it's ok if some of 'em don't make it...

You can try the paper towel method (just run a search for more info), and that'll probably work just fine for you.

4. is the seed brown? if its still white then it did not reach maturity before harvest, and those dont germinate much

the "suitable for indoor" doesnt really matter.

Big bud is made for outdoors, but plenty of people grow it undoors.

http://forum.grasscity.com/showthread.php?t=15076

hope this helps.

plant some where that gets at least 6 hours of sunlight

edit, beet me to it cottons! We have become a grow info dual the last few days. You must spread some reputation around before giving it to IGotTheCottons again.

5. yeah its pale green. thats not good is it?

6. Nope... You can try, but don't get your hopes up. Sorry man... Just buy some mids and take some of the brownish seeds from the bag. They usually grow pretty well.

EDIT: LOL @ THC101... You, tetrahydracanna, gonnagrow, and I seem to be quite the tag team in the grow forums lately... I can't give any of you any more rep as I've reached my rep limit for a 24 hour period :( You guys know you rule though!

7. where'd all the mods go man? like hippie john and bud stuffer. seems like they are sluffin on the job :(

8. I have no idea... I know Unoit is still around. Hippie John and Bud Stuffer I don't think have been around much for a while... Might (???) have had something to do with all that malarky that went down a while back, but I honestly have no idea...