just for the hell of it

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mranderson, May 15, 2003.

1. I can't grow anything too big b/c I still live with my parents. I was wondering, if I were to just germinate the seeds and plant them in a cup of soil, and let it grow sitting in my room, would I be able to get anything worth while out of it?? (I'd take good care of it, I wouldn't just leave it alone and see what happens. but I can't get to extravagant with lights and stuff like that, stuff that would be noticeable if you were to walk into my room.)

2. Your roots would outgrow your cup.. you HAVE to give your plant plenty of room to grow.. otherwise disaster..

3. I've got a cabinate thats 2' high, 3' tall, and 3' deep... is this gonna be big enough to produce any smokable herb?

4. possibly...
    you'll have to get lights though!

5. I have an under the counter flourcent lamp, I dunno the wattage on it, I'm not looking to produce the most amazing plant in the world, just kinda a hobby. It'll still be able to grow by using an every day flourcent light, right?

6. yep, but 40W full spectrum bulbs are the best IMO.

7. grew 23 plants in 16 ounce plastic cups (with two 1/2"dia holes in the sides near the bottom for excess water runnoff/aeration) for three and a half months...so far. my tallest girl is 2 and a half feet tall.

good luck.

8. in that small of a growing space, you might be better off growing a bonzai plant....(extrordinairy small pot plant) I am not 100% on how exactly to do it, but I know it involves lightly pinching the nodes every couple days, this stunts the vertical growth and after about 8-9 weeks you have a 2.5-3' tall plant that produces 4-5inch buds

just a suggestion