Just excited lol

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Showyourwildwings, Dec 6, 2016.

1. i understand! but hey if that cup's see through, drop that into another cup that's opaque. reason being when it's clear it gives the right conditions for algae growth, and that's not too great :) good luck!

2. Yeah it had some a few days ago i wrapped it with alumitape where the soil is

3. Better read up on how to tend one of these plants if you want yours to stay alive and healthy. Got to know the very basics of tending one in an indoor environment and what they need to stay happy. You have soil problems already because you have pretty much no perlite in that soil mix and superior drainage is only one of the "must haves" to keep your plant growing well. You need to learn when to water, how to water, what kind of soil mix you need to have, a good basic education about nutes...not magic beans that grow a huge plant and heavy harvest (light does that), when your plant actually truly needs nutes and how to give them when it does get time. Learn how this plant grows from the time you put a seed/sprout/clone into soil and on through it's life. Learn about it's nutritional needs, color pattern changes in your plant and what they mean and probably 15 or 20 more things that I would call "basics." Throwing up a light and tossing a seed in soil and waiting for the magic to happen will not end well. Like anything you've never done before, you don't go into it blind if you want it to be successful. This is no different. The most important advice I can give you is to understand that lighting is the most important piece of equipment you own as far as the indoor grow and the quality and wattage of light you have for the flower cycle is what should determine how many plants you can actually flower successfully. For me, 2 plants flower out well under a single 1,000 watt HPS fixture. This gives us an average yield per plant of between 3.5 and 4 oz after harvest and cure. But the weaker the lighting in the flower cycle (assuming that all other variables are right and your plant is healthy), the more disappointing plant you end up with in the end. CFLs are OK for the veg cycle, but are absolutely worthless when it comes to flowering. They will flower a plant but the harvest is tiny in comparison to the same plant had it been flowered under strong enough lighting. Your soil has nutes in it and until the plant uses up the nutes in the soil, it's not hungry and doesn't need fed. Starting them too soon or in too great a concentration is only going to fry your plants.

So take the time to read up on how to do this. There is a TON of information you need to know if you've never done this before and I don't like half doing anything. Make it the best grow it can be. Good luck. TWW

• Like Like x 1