Just drove an audi R8, a lambo gallardo, a Lotus, a 911 turbo, and a shifter kart

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Jdahms, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Good day lol.

took all out on an auto-x course this morning. I have vids and pics ill post later on

R8 is for sure the fastest of the bunch. The Lotus surprised me with how fast the fucking thing is. Lambo just plowed through corners and the paddle shifters were fucking slow for a super car. The R8 thankfully was a gated manual.

The lotus is an unforgiving bastard man...thing is viscous.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. How fast did you get going in the audi r8 on the straight aways?

Its a beatiful car man.

3. No idea I wasn't looking at the speedo lol I aws almost getting into 5th. Thing was fucking brutal. It squatted down so nicely when you braked too. The lambo plowed through corners the R8 just ate them up

4. damn i would love to be able to do that. the r8 is such a beautiful car

5. I want to drive a lotus so bad, one day I will.....one day. :smoke:

6. lucky man! id love to drive those.

my old mans got an Elise. its like a gokart on steroids :D

7. Well...what KIND of lotus? Elise? Exige? c'mon!

8. how were the cars compared to the shifter kart?

9. Well i didnt drive the shifter kart at the same place, but I think it would have been much quicker

10. whered you drive the shifter kart? sorry for my North Carolina track incompetence...VIR?

11. lol B roads around concord

12. from the pic he posted its an Elise but it could have the super charger on it :)

13. #14 Jdahms, Nov 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2010
    I honestly have no idea. I only got to drive the lotus and 911 as a bonus. All I know is that the thing was fucking fast as shit. The Lotus was easily the most impressive imo..especially for $30k.

so it was whatever lotus costs ~$30,000

They let me take 2 more cars out because I stunned them with how quick I was in the R8 and lambo lol.

I just got the videos of my laps...dumb cunt only took videos on HER shitty 2.0 megapixel camera instead of my fucking 8.0 megapixel evo that I gave her. The videos are about 1" by 1" and no fucking sound lol.

total bummer

unfortunately the company that made this happen went out of business. Today was the last day that you could participate in this

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv3yH-pFaXo[/ame]

thats the owner of the company and his fucking awesome ultima GTR doing the auto X course (the layout i did today was like 3 times as long and muuuuch tighter) They run another hot lap course that I did as well that is much faster. I took the R8 and the lambo out on the hot lap and the 911 and lotus on the auto-x

Went out of business because dipshits kept exploding their supercars.

I fortunately got to do this twice. First time we got to take 3 supercars on public roads as fast as we wanted to. First time i drove a Ferrari 360, a M5, and an aston martin vantage.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzB_78zy0-0[/ame]

That vid kind of downplays how awesome some of the road tours were. We always just let the convoy of chumps drive off way ahead of us so we could just open up and really "experience" the cars fully lol.

Honestly my s2000 could smoke a few of these "supercars". Thats not even an exaggeration a couple of those (lambo, aston) are fucking snowplows as soon as you get to corners. I NEVER thought id get massive under steer in a supercar but then i got to drive the lambo...

fuck that lambo is only good over 130mph

14. The Lambo is AWD, so if you hit the corners too quick, you'll get some bad under steer. The trick is to have the balls to hit the corner quick, then shift down one gear and mash the pedal so the back end will step out a little bit, it'll give you much more control. It's also quite a bit heaver than the R8, plus Audi has a better AWD system. So the R8 would be quicker through the corners, as you say.

15. Too bad that company went out of business...maybe another one'll appear sometime in the future?:D I hope you get a similar opportunity soon.

What track was that, btw?

Sounds like those "supercar grenaders" are also the kinds of drivers who nail their brakes when they see a car like mine suddenly appear behind them. I hate when people do that!:eek:

16. #17 Jdahms, Nov 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2010
    yeah its hard to get a feel for the car quick enough in the time i had in it to really push them (I had extra time in the R8 and lotus though).

That was at Zmax raceway in concord NC.

I was supposed to drive a Noble M15 yesterday but some scrub toasted the clutch or something the weekend before. Theyve had like 2 totaled ferraris too. Hard to keep a business going when supercars are dropping off left and right lol

17. How much did it cost ya, if you don't mind me asking? Sounds like some fun. And Zmax, isn't that the one with the 4 track drag strip?

18. LOL a lambo is waaaaay faster then the R8 are you joking. Did you even try the thrust feature. This dude who lives near me has a lambo and that shit is fuckin ridiculously faster then the R8.

19. I drove both back to back R8 was waaaay faster and that was confirmed by everyone else involved in the event lol