just curious

Discussion in 'General' started by my420, Mar 13, 2003.

1. was wondering if anyone has seen "The Beach" and what you all thought of it-I would love to find that island and live there-I always think of it when I am sitting in traffic or just puffin' away. I know it is one of those urban myths, but I would love to live like that. Would you?

2. yeah, i saw that movie. i thought it was kinda dumb though. i thought it was too dramatic. like every second there was a plot twist or something. then again, it has been years since i saw that in theaters. but, it would be sweet to find an island like that. it would be so fun!!

3. ah the beach, originally a book by alex garland... good.... made into a film with lionardo decraprio starring... BAD.... end of switchey's message

4. yes it was a bad movie-but to be able to find the island in the movie would be good!

5. i didnt really like the movie.

6. all the pot plants kicked ass though!!!

7. of course..any large amount of pot plants kicks ass in any situation

8. I didn't like the film, only the large amount of weed!

9. I don't see how all you people could hate that movie, I loved it.

10. The book was at least a thousand times better than the film, the book is actually one of my top three favourites.

The film changed the story line alot, cut out characters etc. The only thing I did like about the film was the picture it set of the beach; cause that is how I exactly pictured it when I was reading the book.

That beach does exist in thailand, you can go to it now I think. Apparently the actual beach was full of jelly fish though, which was a real nightmare for them whilst filming.