Just Confirmed Male And Removed It, Other Females Pollinated?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by tktwngrwr, Jun 20, 2018.

1. #1 tktwngrwr, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    Currently I just have a small personal grow. 1 bag seed plant from some dank. And 2 plants grown from c99 feminized seeds. After around 8 days of 12/12 I confirmed that my plant that came from the bag seed was a male (I noticed very small pre-flower balls around 5 days ago on the bag seed plant but I decided to let it grow out just in case it was a female). The other 2 c99 plants have shown sex to be female, very small calyx's with tiny tiny white hairs coming out. So when removing/killing the male plant I noticed that when I pointed a light at it and looked carefully there was dust coming off the male plant (maybe the dust was some calcium dust buildup on the plant from my humidifier?). I'm worried that being that I noticed a dust-like substance coming off the male plant (what I presume to be pollen) that my 2 female c99's are now pollinated. Is there a chance they have been pollinated?

The male ball sacs didn't seem to be that large yet, here's an imagine I found online that gives a good example of the size (though, the sacs on my male plant were a bit smaller than in the below image) of the male sacs on my male plant that was removed from the grow tent (I dont have any pictures because the plant was already thrown away).
    [​IMG]

The two female c99 plants at this point (8 days after 12/12 switch) are only showing a few small female pre flowers with very tiny white hairs coming out. As they are a bit younger than the male plant (they are around 1-2 weeks younger than the male plant that I removed) I'm hoping that they're too young to be pollinated or that there isn't any actual bud yet so the only thing on the female plant that is going to be pollinated is the small female pre flowers and not the buds that grow a few weeks from now?

Here's a picture I found online that gives a good example of how big the female pre flowers on my 2 females are
    [​IMG]

Should I worry about my female plants being pollinated? I've also temporarily shut down all ventilation in the tent to let any male pollen (if there is any) settle to the ground if it was floating around in the air.

2. Those male flowers drop pollen when they open, so unless they bloomed and opened up you might be ok.

In the pics you posted, those male flowers aren't a problem yet because they haven't opened yet.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I agree. To immature to pollinate. But it only takes one to open. So.... if I going to bet money on it..I would bet ur ok

• Like Like x 1