Just cleaned my glassy. Lookin brand new. Before and after.

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Derwin94, Dec 24, 2012.

1. #1 Derwin94, Dec 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2012
    Couldn't find any isopropyl alcohol, or methylated spirits. So I just used industrial grade degreaser and rice. Then proceeded to wash out the smell of the degreaser with some dishwashing detergent. Smells lovely and clean now. Now that it looks clean, I feel much more proud to own it.

Here is what it looked like before.
    [​IMG]

Here is what it looks like after.
    [​IMG]

It's not as if I'm using degreaser as the bong water itself. So I don't understand why everyone is getting all up in arms about it being dangerous. It's been washed out, with detergent and vinegar several times. All of you are exaggerating. Settle the fuck down people.

2. Just thought id suggest something; If you have a drill and a small bit you could drill some holes near the end of that downstem and itd diffuse and hit better. Did it years ago when i used to use home mades, and it makes it much smoother. And the piece purrs more instead of chugging.

3. It has a choke, you probably just can't see it in the photo.

4. You poor Australians, you never get high end pipes.

5. The choke is irrelevant to diffusion.

By adding holes at the end of the downstem, the smoke will travel down the tube and then be diffused through those holes to create a multitude of bubbles. This action, known as diffusion, will not only make the hit better, but also cooler.

6. [quote name='" industrial grade degreaser']

cancer

7. Haha so many things wrong with this. 1. Don't use industrial grade degreaser in something u plan to inhale through. 2. he clearly said downstem and you say it has a carb haha at age 13 I was making diffused ashcatchers so maybe I'm a little advanced but cmon how can you not understand the concept of more smoke to water surface area creates more filtration and a smoother hit and 3. Your bongs decent considering it will do its job but I assure you its not much to be proud of. Either way use your head and don't use harmful chemicals to clean your peices. Hope you don't get sick

8. Careful with all those chemicals... id give your piece a real good rinsing with iso and salt, then hot water, and maybe even some brand name cleaner before you hit that again..

9. Yeah it was the only thing strong enough to clean it out. I was washing it out with the house for like ten minutes straight. Made sure there was no more bubbles or foam coming out when I rinsed it. Then just got a bit of dishwashing liquid to get rid of the smell. Smells brand new, I don't really think it matters what chemicals you use to clean it, as long as you rinse it thoroughly and properly.

10. Ok now I get what you mean. But do you think you could show me some pictures, so I can get a better idea of how big to make the holes, and how many holes I should make, as well as how far down I should make it.

11. if you dont have a drill, get a hack saw and make slits, i did that once worked great

12. Well that was unnecessarily asshole-ish...

Man the guy's from Australia it's hard enough to even find weed there let alone anything glass-related, cut him some slack.

13. next time try to avoid degreaser as it is absolutely terrible to inhale :p

14. Is it? Oh that is news to me. Maybe that is why i washed it out with a hose for 10 minutes straight?

15. Shut the fuck up bro he was trying to help, doesn't matter if you washed it with hose. especially if you left that metal downstem in. Enjoy you're POS bong and don't try and be a smartass to people trying to help you. I don't like that shit.

16. Made my high ass laugh

17. Lmao....... the sarcasm is so uncalled for. But I don't think the hose is enough at all dude.

18. if it still smelled like degreaser before u put soap in it it all wasnt out...hence the smell...the soap is just covering it up

19. Yeah righto mate. Don't have to get all butthurt about it. It's the internet. No use stressing yourself over someone you don't even know, haven't even met. I'm pretty certain it's safe to use. As I've said time and time again. Just like everybody else who has commented on this thread has said time and time again, not to use degreaser. I don't really think it matters what you use. Doesn't make a difference. Get's it all clean the same. It is safe to use, I will not be inhaling anything dangerous. It was soaked in detergent for several hours. Washed out for another ten minutes. Then soaked in vinegar, the washed out again. I understand everyone is trying to help. But I'm not that stupid.

20. Smells just like it did before I washed it out. Resin. It's not as if I'm using degreaser as the bong water itself. So I don't understand why everyone is getting all up in arms about it being dangerous. It's been washed out, with detergent and vinegar several times. All of you are exaggerating. Settle the fuck down people.