Just broke up with my girlfriend..

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by PhillieBluntCP, Sep 23, 2010.

1. so i just broke up with my best friend since 7th grade, we started dating towards the end of high school, and its been about 2 years and 6 months since we first started dating.

Anyway, at first we had a great relationship... then the fighting came... then it came constantly daily basis i was bitching at her she was yelling at me..... I've got some anger issues that stem back from when i was younger, dealing with my alcoholic raging father all the time.... I was able to control it easily, but as the relationship progressed and the more stressful shit got, i lost my cool really easily

getting angry at small things for no reason, and when she would tell me to calm down it would result in me getting angry at her for no reason. Now, i've never in my life had so much anger inside me, until recently. I've always been more depressed and not caring, but i went from that to caring about every little aspect of my life and her life...

obviously this is not healthy. We got into a fight this morning and i said i wanted to break up..... we had a 15 minute long phone conversation that ended in us both agreeing this is not healthy, literally made my stomach curl cause i fucking love this girl more then i love anything else

I fucking hate it at the same time, cause i want to be happy, i want to not have to deal with the fighting and drama all the time, but at the same time i love this girl to much to just let her go. We're on a "break" so to speak, but i know i shouldn't go back to her, i just fucking love her to much and thats why it has been dragged out so long

any body have any advice? i'm really down right now, i skipped all my classes today cause i just can't think about anything but her and its driving me insane :(

fuck relationships

2. Maybe you don't need to call it quits so quick, but it does sound like you need some time apart. Keep yourself happy and your head up.

3. at least she wont make you watch degrassi anymore.
    seriously though bro, i think you should go back, i mean, you can't micro-manage everything that goes on. Mabye you guys have been spending too much time together and this break could be good, also mabye spend less time together if you do get back together because when you are with people too much you tend to get annoyed at their presence (even though you may love whoever it is)
    if you love her and she loves you then there is no reason to stay apart, you just need to look at what was causing problems in your relationship and honestly try to fix those things and do better. And if you suddenly started caring about everything that she does mabye you feel like she is losing her feelings for you. You should have a talk with her and try to see if she has any input on why things have all of a sudden gone to shit.
    hopefully my rambling helped you man.

4. For prob the past 6 months or so both of us have been miserable, fighting almost daily.

we got to the point where we would hangout..... and it would be dead silence... we wouldn't talk to eachother which would end up in one of us getting mad, its literally became a huge clusterfuck of a relationship.

it just sucks cause i care about the girl to much, but then again at the same time there are some things that i don't want to go back to.... I'm just nervous cause if we get back together at some point, its only going to lead to this again... This isn't the first time in our relationship we've taken a break for a week and gotten back together, and although it has worked for a few months at most after, reverts right back to the horrible relationship we're in.

thanks for the input, i'm trying to distract myself from this and stay happy, but i know i won't be truly happy until this is done and either i'm with her or not with her

5. Yeah time apart sounds good. It doesn't have to be the end, but if you continued on with things the way they where it would for sure be the end. It sucks if the relationship is over, but it would be great if you could get your friend back.

I'm kinda the same way. There's one girl I dated for way too long. We were great together for the longest time, she for sure was my best friend all through high school. After a while though I got mad at her all the time, I rarely even had a good reason. Her just being around pissed me off.

I wish we would of took a break, but we just let the anger build up to where we hated each other. After we broke up we didn't talk for over two years. Lately I talk to her here and there. I regret all the time we lost. But I doubt we could ever be friends like before, there was just so much hate for a while.

6. Thats what we said to eachother.... we agreed that we were both getting upset over stupid things and time apart would be good for both of us.... and if it ends up us not being together then regardless we still love eachother and we still want to be in eachothers lives, even if its just as friends. Relationships suck

haha degrassi, thanks i needed a laugh

idk man, it's just gotten to the point where its all work between us, we never talk and when we hangout we smoke and then watch tv... it's just gotten very boring, and its both of our faults this happened... I think we just need to take some time apart, but i'm just worried that either i'll be the one begging her back and she not wanting to, or me being the one that doesn't want to date and her begging me back, its just fucked in my eyes

7. I know this will probably get me crucified...

You have some damage that needs fixing. Emotional damage. Look into support groups and possible counseling to help you deal with the damage. If getting back together is possible then the best way to show her you care is to seek help. I know several on here think that Cannabis cures all ills but when it comes to mental/emotional health, it's best to have someone help you through it.

8. whatever you do, dont let your emotions make your decisions. both of you probably need to take some time apart and when you're level-headed, think about whether it can work or not. right now is not the best time for that decision

9. I know man, i've been seeing a therapist about it, and have even considered anger management, i have a lotttt of mental health issues from shit i've dealt with in the past (seeing my mother almost get shot by my drunk father when i was 6 years old,)... for the most part my therapist helps, but its not enough and i've been using this relationship as a crutch. I need to take a break, cause every time we fight, i have a vision of myself being just like my father, and i can't stand thinking about myself like that, it literally makes me sick sometimes the way i handle situations like my father has.

Everyone needs a little therapy, some more then others (like myself)

10. you should go fuck Echo1332's girlfriend till you cum and when you cum pull out and cum all over her

that'll make you feel better

11. I'm in the SAME EXACT situation bro. This girl is my absolute best friend, I've known her my whole life (since 2nd grade), and we've been dating for almost 3 years.

Our fights were pretty much the same, and we also mutually ended it.

That was almost two months ago, and it felt so unbelievable when it first happened and not in a good way. I still see her often, the love is still there, but we're slowly accepting that it's not a feasible option in the short term.

All I can say is it gets better day by day. I'm about to burn an L and it's for you, +rep, be easy.

12. Dude, I was the exact same like over a year ago. We went through the same shit after going out like 2 and a bit years.
    Fights happened a lot more, we broke up, but after a few weeks we got back together, few more months and same shit happened again. We broke up on my 18th birthday.
    The first time we broke up I felt like shit, I hated going to college and shit and felt how you are now I'm imagining.
    Going back out was good.. But only for a short time. It wasn't really worth the hasselhoff.

But really, I'd try let it go. If only it'll make you feel worse the second time around, so try take your mind off it.
    You probably won't be feeling great next few days because you will be down, but you'll take your mind off it soon enough.
    Try forget about it for a week or so then see how you feel.

Everything will be fine man, hope all this shit works out.

13. Id say work together, if she is getting angry at you. Talk to her about what makes her angry that you do and vice versa. Sounds stupid, but i think if people are completely honest about what bothers them, and their partner is able to listen and understand why they react the way they do, i think that those couples could with love, stay together for a long time.

14. Find an outlet for your anger. That sounds like its the problem, not your relationship.

15. i thought i was the only 1 goin thru shit like this and see 2 ppl in here with the same problems. i have anger problems out of the ass and its killin my relationship. never had to deal with it before because if a guy makes me mad i beat his ass... i get in a lot of fist fights.

tryin to learn to control my anger because when she makes me mad i say mean shit to her...the worst shit i could say.

learn to control your anger, you dont want her to be that "what if" that you think back on the rest of your life

16. obviously i know thats my problem, you probably haven't read my other posts in which i said i was already seeing a therapist about it and was considering going to an anger management class, but this problem has RUINED my relationship, so in fact yes it is my anger that is the problem, but then again yes it is also the relationship that became a problem. see where i'm coming from?

17. dude how the fuck did u know that i did, i just came on her face, right before i came i got up and came all over her

hahahah fucking echo

18. yea, this thread is actually making me feel a little better about myself. at least i know i'm not alone.

19. Work Stuff out and it will work out bra, if you don't you will regret it and won't find anyone that is significant again. Also once you have had you break smoke less and go out and go places, so its not to boring all the time watching tv.