Just broke up with girlfriend feeling rough

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Khron Bleez, Feb 11, 2010.

1. #1 Khron Bleez, Feb 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2010
    Def. a whole lot going through my mind right now. I've been going out with this girl for like a year and a half. Since i was 16 and now iam 18 and she is 19. She was my first love and my first everything. Idk what it is but my feelingS for her have just been kind of dissapating. I feel like i love her but when iam with her i just felt kinda empty. I lost my that deep passion for her that i once had.

I've been feeling this way for probably the last 6 months. And i feel like i've been bullshitting all the 'i love u' kinda of stuff lately. Its just not what it used to be. I never felt courageous enough to tell her how i felt when i felt it.

Today she called me and she sounded upset and asked why I act like i dont you care about me anymore. I didn't know what to say. I called her back and broke it off i guess i saw it as my chance. One of the hardest things I've ever had to do because she still really wants to be with me. I feel like she was very emotionally dependent on me which made it that much harder. She is a little more introverted and doesn't really have a good support group. I feel so bad when i think about her crying and shit right now but i guess its what had to happen.

I told her that it was better for her that we broke up because it wasn't right to her that i wasn't really in it like she was. She said she knew but didn't care and wanted to be with me anyway.

I feel really torn right now...So much shit goin through my head just wanted to let it out i guess..

2. Feel better bro. You did what was best. I wish you the best of luck with this hard point in your life.

3. Damn it seems like ALOT of people are going through the exact same lately.
    All I can say to this is that the feeling you have will go away.
    Dont close any doors though, keep everything open.
    By saying that I mean, don't rule anything out.
    Be open to every possibility, and perhaps tell her that aswell. Just dont give her any false hope.
    But u know what I mean?

Thats the thing I usually do when shit gets rough.

4. I think what you did was the smartest move. There's no need to drag along a relationship that you don't want to be in.

That's a common thing in people's mind, "I can't break up with them, its been 2 years" blah blah etc. I hear it all the time from my friends and shit, I think its a ridiculous ass excuse to stay together with someone.