Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Just bought my first bong! :)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Marco0811, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Hello, I've just bought my first bong(about a foot high and I think acrylic). I need some tips on how to make it hit harder. I've heard from some people that instead of water to use different fluids and sometimes ice helps? All help is accepted thanks!

2. Hey man grats on your new piece, water is the best liquid to use when your just going to use it for casual use at home. You can put different liquids like lemonade or beer but those are really for when your at parties and want to do something fun.

But water is the best and always will be, if you can add ice in the stem then do so, icy hits are the best man. :smoke:

3. There's no way to make it hit harder, maybe milk more, but that's only controlled by how hard you suck in.

You can put different liquids to change the taste, but it barely changes it.

STAY AWAY FROM SUGARY DRINKS/ POP / ALCOHOL / MILK.

Aquafina flavored waters are pretty good.

Adding ice in the main tube, will cool your hits off, just make sure you don't put in so much ice that the water overflows out of the downstem.

4. damn, my first piece was an acryllic bong too. worst mistake EVER. that thing sucked ass and got so dirty so fast and its hard to clean cause you cant use alcohol. and the metal slide gets clogged quick and is hard to clean. I should have gotten a bowl.......

5. very nice bro, try using cold water and ice if nescessary. it will make ur hit much smoother. and when using ur bong dont pack the bowl tight :) enjoy

6. If you have access to a drill, drill holes in the bottom of the down stem about 1/8 of an inch above the bottom the hole way around . This will perculate it more and it will make bigger hits easier. Ive done this with the 20 dollar acrlic bongs and it makes them really good hitting.

7. Hit harder? Fuck you, pro :smoke:

Umm, just keep lighting up the bud. Also, you can "flavor" the smoke by adding different drinks. Try propel water (flavored, like lemon or blueberry pomegranate) or koolaid. DON'T use soda.

I've heard that you shouldn't put ice in acrylics, dunno why, I heard it makes it crack.

8. To make it hit harder, take bigger hits. :wave:

9. Thanks for all the help! And just wondering any tips on cleaning it to get rid of the smell?

10. clean it with water, and good luck with the smell. my acryllic REAKED soooo bad, I hated it.

11. I just found out I have a glass bong. lol...so can i get rid of the smell?

12. yes. soak it in rubbing alcohol.