Just bought a Volcano, Any tips/tricks?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by ratrickx103, Jul 28, 2009.

1. So i decided to take a big step in the direction of premium toking and bought a volcano vape! I was so excited to get it off ebay for 410 instead of those crazy price tags of 540-640!

This goes out to all y'all who have volcano's! Lend me some knowledge! Any tips or tricks you'd recommend?

2. Hmmm....well, tips/tricks....

You should start your first bag about 5 1/2 or so (I'm ASSuming that you got the classic, because the digital one at that price is a steal). Blow a bag or two, then raise it up 1 to 1/2 numbers for the next bag or two. Repeat until the taste/smell is like burnt popcorn. You may also want to stir your material in between bags, that will help.

Don't throw away your used material, keep it and when you have an ounce or so, make canna butter or a tincture - both very easy.

If you bought the easy-valve kit, you can go to a hardware store and buy 5/8" vinyl tubing and make a whip - get at least 5 feet of it, should cost you under 5 bucks. The tubing fits PERFECTLY over the easy valve stem, just take off the blue rubber band.

You can put hash right on top of leaf, or you can vape straight hash with the little pad that looks like a small brillo. Just pop that in the bottom of the chamber and put your hash on top.

Hash has a higher melting point, so if you're vaping hash you need to get it to the higher numbers eventually.

3. thanks so much man! should the vapors taste really good or like that burnt popcorn taste? i always thought it was supposed to taste incredible?

4. The "flavinoids" are the first thing in MJ that gets boiled off, so the first couple bags SHOULD taste great, but they won't have quite the "kick" that later bags will. When you've reached that "burnt popcorn" taste/smell, it's time for a new bowl.

5. Hey thanks so much man!

6. No prob. I've had mine a few years now, and I love it. Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions. There's also a Volcano Owners user group here somewhere.

7. Jeebus those are expensive...

Is it honestly worth it? How can you justify that price?

8. Will do. A tad pricey but its an awesome investmentI

9. yea its justified. vaporizers supposedly gives you 98% of the thc in your bud. and volcanoes are great ones. a close buddy of mine has a volcano digital, and its great. the price of a volcano is well worth it in my openion. also, man if you use bags, and not a whip, then be sure to keep it upright, if you let it fall over when its filling, then youll get a leak in your bag.

10. Congrats on the nice purchase. I would start aroun 5.5 assuming you have a classic and go no more then 6.0 to 6.5 if just using straight bud. You could get more bags out of it but I like the straight flavor and taste and like very little burning.

11. #11 giraffe, Jul 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2009

it's so worth it, and lungs feel alot cleaner. i was thinking of making a shirt with this [​IMG]

and the word "Vaped" under it.

12. If you got the easy valve, i suggest getting like 40 feet of extra bags. Someone on here has a tutorial on how to change them. Its great, i made a 10 footer, and some 2 footers.

In between bags, you should take the chamber thing off the volcano itself.

I like to start with:

2 bags on 6
    3 bags on 7.5
    1 bag on 8
    1 bag on 9

Also, you should just pack it like 3/4 way full at most.

Also, dont start at 8-9 thinking your gonna get fucked up, you gotta start low. If you start high, all the THC will burn up to quickly. Basically, you want it to be faint enough vapors so that you can "ghost" them (or hold in until nothing comes out). Every time you exhale vapors, and can see them, you are essentially wasting THC. I try to hold in my hits as long as possible to maximize my use of weed.

Also, be careful when taking off the bag. Atleast 3 times I've taken it off, and accidentally took the chamber with it, and lost like .3 grams of weed : (

I use the vaped weed for joints and the bong. It takes me like 6 bowls to be comfortably high though.

BTW, everyone seems to be thinking the taste is good, it never tastes good. The taste of vapors is worse than smoke IMO. But its not as harsh, and is better for you so yeah.

Last thing, you want to have your weed grinded up as much as possible. you dont need to worry about it falling through, cause the screen is small enough that you can just put some keif straight into the chamber.

You'll have fun. peace :smoking:

13. #13 lwien, Jul 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2009
    To some it is. If you're into bag vapes, the 'Cano does bags better than any other vape out there. But there are those that prefer whips or direct draw vapes, and typically those are a lot less expensive, so for those people, no, it's not worth it.

To the OP, there are a lot of 'Cano users here, so there should be some great advice comin' your way.

Welcome to the vape world. Better vaked than baked. :)

14. I dont have a volcano(I do have a pretty good vape though,VB) but when i vae it usually tastes real good. NOTHING like smoke, it juts tastes like herb.

15. How does one justify purchasing say a McLaren F1 over a Honda Accord? They both go from point a to b right?

If you have the money you really don't need to justify going with the best. Getting you from a to b... or sober to stoned isn't always the only factor at play. :smoking:

16. Thanks for all of the advice guys! Every time ive had a vape hit from buddies its always tasted amazing so i think i'll be starting at 5.5 and go no further than 6.5? Aside from joints and bongs, what are the best ways to use vaped weed? I would imagine baking and such. What are tinctures WildWill?

17. I would have sent them 10 extra dollars so that i would have paid 420$ :p

18. Hahahah i never even considered that :hello:

19. Definitely. The Volcano is an amazing device. I would say most seasoned tokers would agree that the volcano is the best of the best when it comes to vaporizers. Although the price tag is high, its worth it. Just last night I brought my cano over to a friends house and this girl was telling me how shes smoked out of a few vaporizers before and none of them worked as well as this one (or looked as cool ;) love the retro look). Plus she and everyone else loved the bags instead of the whipped.. the bags are just great for party settings, etc. Dont have to ever worry about your favorite glass piece being dropped, or your whipped vaporized tugged off the table or not reaching people or something, and forcing everyone to sit down around it. Also, when vaporizing properly you can really save a lot of bud. If you smoke daily im sure you could make your money back within months. My buddy supposedly did the math and came up with 6 weeks for himself..