Just bought a good Blue lab PH meter and found my problem!

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by humanaquarian, Jun 23, 2020.

1. First real attempt at a grow and trying to do it right, bought the little cheapie solution drop PH kit and thought I was in the right color band. Been growing for 2 months and compared to everyone else grows with similar conditions (1000w light, coco, temps all optimal) my plants have remained slow growing and Bonsai-like!

So I decided to buy a good PH pen and guess what??? No surprise, my PH was WAAAAAAY high. 9.0!

So from here on out, I hope Ill have better results. Live and learn.

Question: I have a seedling in coco that is around 8.0... I put it in before I got this nifty pen. Should I take it out or just flush it? Or does it matter because I'm not giving it nutes yet (it just sprouted yesterday with its tap root).

Thanks
    - total noob

• Like Like x 1
  2. What size container is your seedling in?
    You might consider feeding a light nute strength now.
    I feed daily from sprout and have phenomenal grow rates.
    You also might consider going to www.cocoforcannabis.com to learn the correct way to grow in coco.
    Good luck.

3. Its in a solo cup. Ill check that site.
    Thanks!

4. You didn't mention whether you added perlite to your coco.....consider adding 30% perlite when you transplant.......oxygen to the roots is what promotes fast growth.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. It has perlite, about 30%... give or take. Im just concerened about the PH being too high. I have plants in flowering that are producing decent sized buds, but it could be a lot better you know?

6. In a couple of days......run a light nute solution pH'd around 5.8 through so you can lower that pH in the coco. With 30% perlite and being in a small container.......overwatering is not an issue.
    Good luck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yeah, good advice. When you say light nute, what are you using?

8. I use GH MaxiBloom......I start with 1/4 tsp. per gallon.