just bought a CD

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Eric 805, Dec 18, 2010.

1. first time in over a year. not really into hip-hop, but someone recommended that i listen to atmosphere. i liked a song or two and bought the album god loves ugly. no regrets, cost $17 once tax was over... rather expensive. but then it hit me; who the fuck buys CDs and why do CD stores exist still. but then i realized, everyone else in there was a college student and everyone working there was a college student.

2. I know someday after college when I have plenty of money to spend, that I will back up my collection with hard copies whether that be vinyl or cd's. I just think its the right thing to do :cool:
    As of now I have no room to speak , haha, the last cd I bought was June 2008, Blues For Allah by the Grateful Dead

Now THAT was worth every fucking penny. Totally changed my taste in music and caused me to be the music junkie that I am now. :smoke:

3. i still buy cds. hardly ever new though. i buyem used on amazon and places around here like cd warehouse or cd universe over on trinity mills or sometimes half price books or movie trading co. usually though at places like that nine times out of ten im just looking, checking out upcs and shit. i really prefer buying used cds on amazon or ebay.

oh and hey i did just order the social network soundtrack on vinyl :metal:

4. i own maybe 14 CDs to my name. i felt good finally doing it. my torrenting computer finally crashed and i'm not going to risk this one so i now have to get music from friends or just buy it.
    never been a huge fan, but that is a good album. i think my dad has an old vinyl signed by Garcia; i guess he got the chance to 'guard' a performance in europe once or something

5. I have over 100 cds, about 30 records and lots of downloaded music. Collecting CDs and record can become addicting, and its always nice to have a physical copy of the albums you listen to.

6. I haven't bought a CD in so long that if I were to go searching through all of my shit, the only CD's I would find would be Backstreet Boys or something. Which is painful to admit after all, but it really has been that long :eek: On a side note though, I fucking love Atmosphere.

7. Haha, download it and rip it. There's your physical copy. Least you weren't a clown and paid for music off iTunes. Every time someone comes in and gets an iTunes gift card I want to slap them.

8. Why would you want to slap them? Paying for music supports the artists and the industry. Dont get me wrong I torrent older albums, but if an artist I like puts out a new album, why not buy it? An album is less then 10$ and it'll be with you forever.

9. I want to slap you for your ridiculous comment. What's wrong with buying an album on my iPod, then when I plug it into my computer it's backed up there, and then, they even have a record of my purchase on my account if anything goes wrong. CDs are bulkier to carry around and are more expensive, I can burn a cd, and print out the album artwork if I really wanted to as well.

10. I only buy CDs from underground artists coz they gotta buy weed somehow. Everyone else is rich enough.

11. i don't think i'll ever make an itunes purchase... but haters are poo faces

12. I have to admit, I'm totally against DVDs and CDs now, it just feels like I'm throwing my money away!

13. sooooooo
    stealing is cool then?

14. That's what half this thread is condoning, fuck I'm no angel. But to talk down to others for not stealing music, is like me hating on you for not wanting to commit this robbery at this 7/11 with me.

15. throwing money away?? buying digital shit, like i tunes... thats throwing money away. getting a physical product in return for ones money isnt a waste, not to me.. but when it comes to digital i say just steal it. i mean no stealing isnt cool, UNLESS everybody's doing it. that makes it really really cool and completely acceptable. so why miss out?

16. cool logic bro :cool:

17. Resistance this pertains to you as well, minus the first sentence.

18. #19 Goldmine, Dec 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2010
    oh. well thaniks for omitting that first sentence. :D

theres nothing WRONG with it, i just dont feel right about it. an album on itunes cost what, ten dollars? so yes thats cheaper than a cd, but then in order to actually get what youd have gotten had you got the cd, you have to do all this extra work. like, you COULD burn a disc and you COULD print the artwork, but why even bother. if you wanted that you wouldve been better off with a physical cd which you coudlve prolly used got for the same money anyway. and if you just wanted a file then lord knows you couldve just stolen it.

plus itunes restricts you in certain ways, like you can only burn your shit onto a cd so many times, and if youre trying to transfer itunes purchases to other libraries it wont allow that. but if you buy a cd and then rip it into itunes youre still getting the same affect you wouldve had you bought the track from itunes.. its in your i tunes. except now you have an actual cd with real artwork and you can burn it ten million times if you want and it can go on your shelf.

so i think its bullshit. if im spending ten dollars on music, i'll take the cd tyvm :bongin:

19. Dude you must not know your way around itunes at all to not be able to do that, I can take my transfered purchases, transfer them onto desktop, send those files through email or msn to a friend who can then put that into there itunes as well. I have a pretty decent printer, and I mean I'm only 20 and shit, so I think of it as an investment to save money, a bit of extra work but I mean I'm most likely going to be on this earth for another 50years, and actively listening to music for another 20, so spend the money now to save it later.