Just blunts

Discussion in 'General' started by ResinHits, Aug 5, 2012.

1. I prefer joints if I'm solo or with my girl and blunts and glass/ceramic with groups.

2. Blunts are way overrated. They waste a shit ton of weed and I get just as high using less than half as much weed if I use a bong..

3. I dont fuck with spliffs at all, but I love smoking blunts. I don't use any other tobacco products besides blunts, its much different smoking a tobacco leaf than puffing on some tobacco.. :smoking:

4. [quote name='"twitchydude420"']Blunts are way overrated. They waste a shit ton of weed and I get just as high using less than half as much weed if I use a bong..[/quote]

Couldnt have said it better myself

5. Blunts waste weed, it annoys the fuck outta me when I'm gonna smoke someone out and when I get out my bong or pipe they're like, "oh no man blunts are so much better! I only smoke blunts!" Yes I'm sure you feel cool smoking a blunt :rolleyes: but I'm not wasting weed to humor you on it.

6. [quote name='"B33PB33P"']In south florida, I believe its a "trend" to smoke blunts. All my homies tell me "bro blunts get you so much higher". Lol, i just tell them nope your an idiot... Smoke the same amount of weed in that blunt out of a bong youll be a minimum of twice as high

Joints and blunts are so wasteful[/quote]

Scientifically you're wrong. And your friends are right. When inhaled by itself you receive around 33% of the available thc in the Burned matter. When inhaled in conjunction with tobacco smoke the percentage jumps to a whopping 56% of available thc being utilized. Its the premise behind spliffs, and why people attribute the blunt to gettin higher. Has nothing to do with device used. It's chemistry and biology.

7. I like using all kinds of things. One of the pluses of being a stoner, so many different ways, places, or things to smoke!

8. South Florida? As am I. What area are you in?

9. [​IMG]

nah man, haven't smoked a blunt in my life. Glass kicks my ass every time...

can't roll. my joints come out lumpy and crooked. such a waste.

10. I live in the Saint Lucie County area.. Not many members on grasscity from here.

11. Right their you proved your self wrong. The amount of processed thc from a blunt is about 8%. Joints are about 12%, bowls 25%, bongs 45-60% and vaporizors about 75-90% thc. Biology has to do with living organisms... not combusting plant matter

12. I do many methods, eating, vaping, bongs, bowls, bubs, steamrollers, joints, and various blunts. Blueberry Swishers are my favorite blunt.

But yeah, I've hung out with a couple black people (I'm white) who only smoke blunts. One guy even grew out a fingernail so tht he could slice the blunt without a knife, his 'bluntnail.' Also, just in general (in my experience), two types of people bring blunts to the party: The spoiled rich bitches who have so much money rolling up a 2g blunt isn't anything to them, and then black people. White people are more likely to whip out the glass.

Not trying to be racist, but that's a definite trend I've seen in my experiences.

13. Thats when black people have a session theirs 10 of them around the table, they all got their own bag and throw in .1 .2 and just roll like 50 blunts all night

• Like Like x 1
  14. [quote name='"B33PB33P"']

Right their you proved your self wrong. The amount of processed thc from a blunt is about 8%. Joints are about 12%, bowls 25%, bongs 45-60% and vaporizors about 75-90% thc. Biology has to do with living organisms... not combusting plant matter[/quote]

Incorrect. You ARE RIGHT about the percentage contained within each respective inhalation device. What I said however pertains to the actual percent received from the possible beginning percent. Say blunts. U say 8%. Out of that 8% available. You get 56% of that because the way thc and nicotine react when inhaled together, the amount taken into blood cells and the reaction in your brain << biology.

Now for they joint. 12% available. Since there is no nicotine to increase the uptake into the blood cells. You receive about 33% of the available 12% that you started with.

We get all that we're goin to get within the first few milliseconds of the smoke in your lungs. So holding hits doesn't matter.

But smoking is actually a pretty infective way to introduce this chemical into out body. It's the fastest acting. But a long shot from the most effective.

15. [quote name='"Wavelength"']I do many methods, eating, vaping, bongs, bowls, bubs, steamrollers, joints, and various blunts. Blueberry Swishers are my favorite blunt.

But yeah, I've hung out with a couple black people (I'm white) who only smoke blunts. One guy even grew out a fingernail so tht he could slice the blunt without a knife, his 'bluntnail.' Also, just in general (in my experience), two types of people bring blunts to the party: The spoiled rich bitches who have so much money rolling up a 2g blunt isn't anything to them, and then black people. White people are more likely to whip out the glass.

Not trying to be racist, but that's a definite trend I've seen in my experiences.[/quote]

I smoke only blunts and joints... Not even by choice really. I don't like bowls/spoons, and I couldn't hide a bong at my house. I want a one hitter but just haven't gotten around to getting one. I run out of weed crazy fast because of this and although I love a blunt they are kinda wasteful but fuck it... Money comes and goes, if I'm with my good friends id rather roll a fatty.

16. [quote name='"blackzinger"']

Incorrect. You ARE RIGHT about the percentage contained within each respective inhalation device. What I said however pertains to the actual percent received from the possible beginning percent. Say blunts. U say 8%. Out of that 8% available. You get 56% of that because the way thc and nicotine react when inhaled together, the amount taken into blood cells and the reaction in your brain << biology.

Now for they joint. 12% available. Since there is no nicotine to increase the uptake into the blood cells. You receive about 33% of the available 12% that you started with.

We get all that we're goin to get within the first few milliseconds of the smoke in your lungs. So holding hits doesn't matter.

But smoking is actually a pretty infective way to introduce this chemical into out body. It's the fastest acting. But a long shot from the most effective.[/quote]

Where do you hear this shit? Really, I feel like you're pulling this out of your ass :confused_2: What chemical does nicotine and thc make when they combine in your brain and react together as you said they do? And you have exact percentages? What scientist's job is it to go to some clean white lab and test how much thc is wasted off a blunt instead of a joint, or smoking with tobacco? That just sounds ridiculous..

Here's my input, nicotine constricts the vessels in your lungs, so you can't absorb as much thc.. But the buzz makes you think your higher.

17. I do admit, I could be ill informed. I don't have this on paper as a proven fact. I was told this by a relative who is a neuroscientist for the national institute of health. And at some point when obtaining her MD/PhD did a research project of the benefits of thc and CBDs in relation to how it's absorbed into the body. It was many months long of research.

I wouldn't say quote me on this because I'm not the scientist who did the research. But I fully believe my cousin. She'd have no reason to lie about that.

The nico buzz combined w weed is an interesting thought. Tho I don't get the nico buzz from cigs are cigars. Idk why id catch one off blunts.

Anywho. My glassware is on a whole other level. So I'm more accustomed to glass either way.

18. [quote name='"Danonymous"']

Where do you hear this shit? Really, I feel like you're pulling this out of your ass :confused_2: What chemical does nicotine and thc make when they combine in your brain and react together as you said they do? And you have exact percentages? What scientist's job is it to go to some clean white lab and test how much thc is wasted off a blunt instead of a joint, or smoking with tobacco? That just sounds ridiculous..

Here's my input, nicotine constricts the vessels in your lungs, so you can't absorb as much thc.. But the buzz makes you think your higher.[/quote]

You would be surprised the government spent millions on examining how ketchup flows out of the bottle.

19. [quote name='"B33PB33P"']

You would be surprised the government spent millions on examining how ketchup flows out of the bottle.[/quote]

Hahaha really. I wouldn't doubt it.