Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Just because you're 18

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Crash Bandicoot, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Doesn't mean you can just disregard your parents and do whatever the **** you want. Yes, legally you can. However, I know my life wouldn't be too good if I did that. So when someone asks a question or for advice don't just go "Bro you're 18!" Many eighteen year olds are still dependent on their parents and/or don't want to cause any trouble with them.

2. Always respect your parents

3. Yeah, I know when I turned 18 I didn't go "Fuuuu- I'm leaving, bye"
    that's just not how it works for some people .

4. yeah I've been thinkin like this when Ive read some posts here. People are like, are you 18? Not everyone just moves out and is completely independant on their 18 birthday. I'm planning on moving out but for now it isn't really possible.

5. It is possible. My friend pays 200$ a month for rent with 3 other guys, has a good job and goes to school at the same time It's really all about taking initiative and not being scared tbh. But i'm fine living at home :)

6. Possible? Yes. Preferable? MAYBE.

7. I love My parents <3

8. yeah agreed with the guy above me, i dont disregard or disrespect my parents in any way nor do i hold any animosity towards them, they just didn't agree with my lifestyle choices and so i moved out and i do just fine on my own working part time and going to school

9. Most of them are 18 years old themselves, and are just writing out what they themselves should be doing as some weird means of therapy.....

OP: It won't go away, so just know yourself that you are correct. A lot/Most 18 year old's on GC (who have computer and internet access) are at very least partially dependent upon their parents.

10. Depends. The freedom of living away from your mom or dad is awesome. But you have to do your own clothes, dishes etc.

11. It's also a lot easier to make stupid decisions while living away from your parents... :eek:

12. boo hoo.

I had to do my dishes and laundry even when I was living with my parents.

13. 200 bucks for rent? Where the fuck is that at? Shit anything around 600 bucks around here is normal, even when you are splitting the rent in a house.

14. Ive been waiting for a thread like this man, you cant tell your parents to fuck off just because you are a legal adult.

Thats no way to get far in life/fuck up your relation ship with parent(s)

15. Exactly.

16. i agree with that statement. i will be living at home until i'm 20, possibly 21. the economy is so bad it would be a bad idea to try to live on your own.

17. Sometimes you got no choice.

18. I really wanna play Crash Bandicoot now...

19. $600 for 3is average for me too

but then i would have insurance...car..utilities etc lol

20. You would get upset at that. Why? Because you aren't 18. How do I know? Cause you were born in '94 and you said you were planning to move out on your 18th birthday.

:p