Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Just ate a weed brownie...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by QueensOfDStoner, Nov 14, 2010.

1. ...and it's been about an hour and 20 mins since I ate it and haven't felt anything.

I smoke everyday maybe two joints and a couple of bowls so I'd consider my tolerance to be kind of high, so I guess this could affect the potency of the brownie in my body. I ate it on an empty stomach.

I'm considering taking a couple of hits from my piece and see if it makes a difference. I've read it takes a half an hour to an hour to kick in so I should wait but it's been a little bit more than that and I'm getting desperate :D

Should I keep waiting? if you've done it before; What's been your experience like? Have you waited long to kick in?

Happy toking/eating :smoke:

2. I've seen it take about an hour and a half for some people, but chances are your tolerance is too high and/or the brownies weren't strong enough (or weren't made with the best ingredients).

There are a lot of factors in edibles, it's not as easy to make high quality edibles as some people may think.

3. Thank you very much!

I don't know if this helps, but they tasted a LOT like pot (never had 'em so I don't know if it's just stupid to point this out) and had to spit out two little pieces of stems.

Maybe this has to do with the method of preparation? (I didn't make them).

4. The first time i ate a brownie, it took me about 3 hours to feel anything.

But damn, it was liftoff from there.

5. If you cook the weed at too high of a temperature or too low, the THC wont activate. Time for it being cooked is also a factor.

Eating edibles is something different, I ate 3 fire crackers before, and I was high for about 6 hours.

6. Most edibles have a hint of pot taste in them but i do not know if the stronger the taste, the more potent the brownie. You can easily fuck up a batch of brownies making them less potent so if you bought them and are friends with the dealer im sure he would refund them. But ive also know people who claim they never feel anything eating edibles.

7. I got 'em at a reggae festival last night from two rasta dudes playing the bongos. Yeah not very smart to buy brownies randomly but I was baked and curious!

They had a table set up in the parking lot and all, weird, with cops around just ignoring them.

Ok back to the subject. I'm about to hit some dank on my pipe and see how I do. What else could happen? Get me super ripped? Well if the outcome isn't what I expect... then this should serve as a warning to other brothers in green using the search button later on with the same question and situation.

8. Well I dont think the cops can do anything since they look like regular brownies and the only way to find out if they are pot brownies the cops would have to test them for thc and stuff. Id smoke the bowl hopefully later you'll feel higher than normal.

9. I ate it at 1:20 pm or something, took two hits and felt a small buzz. Nothing else. (It's already 4:04 pm here).

:(

10. The only time I've ever ate an edible I made a firecracker with prob .7-1g of some good mids, I ate it at like 9pm and I barely felt anything. But when I woke up the next morning for school I was torn out of my skull, idk how it happened but god DAMN that was the best wake-up I've ever had haha.

11. Oh god I have to be up at 4:00 am for work haha it could be interesting if I have an overnight effect like the one you had!

Now seriously I'm losing hope. If if gets better I'll post it.

12. Never buy from Rastas that shit ain't even weed most of the time.

I'm guessing they only put a pinch of bud in the ones they were selling.

13. lmao yeah I could see how that wouldn't be good. For me it wasn't just high either, I was fuckin blasted, it was like I had just took 4 bowl packs out of the bong to my face minutes before I woke up. I had to go to school, I woke up around 6:30 that day and was still buzzed at lunch at 12:30.

It may have to do with your metabolism and how fast the thc is getting into your blood and to your brain or whatever. I'm not the best one to give advice about this subject, because like I said I've only ate an edible once. But best of luck, hope ya end up getting lifted :wave:

14. Thank you very much!