Just ate a mango 10 minutes ago.

Discussion in 'General' started by Jdogtulsa, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Going to smoke here in 20, will post whether I notice any difference. Anyone do this before?

2. No but let us know how it goes, I heard it does help but I haven't done much research.

3. [quote name='"Jdogtulsa"']Going to smoke here in 20, will post whether I notice any difference. Anyone do this before?[/quote]

I don't get what this means.

4. People say that if you eat a mango 30-60 minutes before smoking, it helps transport the THC to the brain giving you a higher high. I wanted to try it first hand ;)

5. Supposedly, mango's are a potentiator for cannabis. Meaning it will enhance the high that someone feels while under the effects of cannabis.

6. [quote name='"Jdogtulsa"']

People say that if you eat a mango 30-60 minutes before smoking, it helps transport the THC to the brain giving you a higher high. I wanted to try it first hand ;)[/quote]

I see. Sounds like a myth but let us know

7. I juice mangos with pineapples and drink a nice tropical mix in the morning and evening

8. [quote name='"davidn420"']

I see. Sounds like a myth but let us know[/quote]

It's not, I actually read a science-y thing about it :smoke: have yet to try it though

9. [quote name='"smokeyeyes12"']I juice mangos with pineapples and drink a nice tropical mix[/quote]

I've had that before. Like Goya canned juice it's good

10. [quote name='"Danonymous"']

It's not, I actually read a science-y thing about it :smoke: have yet to try it though[/quote]

Hmmm. Looks like I'm buying mangos for my munchies collection

11. can you REALLY tell if your that much higher? whenever i smoke it varies. i mean im usually really drunk after smoking anyway lulz

12. [quote name='"Shadowmanexists"']can you REALLY tell if your that much higher? whenever i smoke it varies. i mean im usually really drunk after smoking anyway lulz[/quote]

Idk if it's noticeable but if not at least you get a yummy snack

13. I'm gonna give it 10 more minutes so I make sure and give it time. Glad some people were interested in this, always happy to share insights.

14. Here's the gist of that link I posted, in case people don't feel like clicking.

"Marijuana contains a chemical called Myrcene. High grade marijuana bud generally contains a comparatively higher concentration of myrcene than low grade cannabis bud.

Mangoes, Lemon grass, and other less-common plants also contain high amounts of this chemical. Myrcene is believed to aid the potency of the marijuana high by allowing the psychoactive chemicals found in cannabis, namely THC, to cross the blood-brain barrier more efficiently."

15. So I hit my pipe a few times and can most definitely feel a good body high. Obviously I didn't take the best steps to test this but to me it seems to work. I went and picked them up at my walmart neighborhood market at midnight, so I'm sure you guys can find some if you want :) Plus, mango's are fucking delicious anyway.

16. placebo at it's finest

17. [quote name='"306"']placebo at it's finest[/quote]

Science at its finest

18. derp.

19. Been listening to Echoes for 8 minutes, swore it had been 30. I'm not 12, I don't get placebo affects anymore. I was just testing this for fun man.