Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Just approved medical marijuana card : Question abotu cultivation

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by BakaCrisis, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Hi there, going ot keep it short and sweet.

I got my CT medical card

You can not grow in CT

Rhode Island is 40 mins from my house

You can grow 12 plants there

With my CT Card, Can I legally grow in RI?

If you have one state medical card, can you use that universally within other state laws?

Or should I just get my medical card in Rhode island?

2. [SIZE=10.5pt]Connecticut House Bill No. 5389, Public Act No. 12-55 AN ACT CONCERNING THE PALLIATIVE USE OF MARIJUANA does not state that growing Medical Marijuana is disallowed by the MMP patient. I have also read the PDF file on the DCP CT web site,”mmpregs5-7-13.pdf”. I also found no reference that would disallow a MMP patient from growing their own Medical Marijuana.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I have paid to be seen by a Connecticut MMP certified physician who feels I would greatly benefit from the use of Medical Marijuana. I have also paid a fee to the State of Connecticut of $25.00 that allows the legal use of Medical Marijuana.  The State of Connecticut has issued me a MMP card allowing me to legally use Medical Marijuana for my qualifying condition. That being said, If the Feds want to go after you they could. I would definitely want a trial by jury! :) haha[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]In an article from Oct 8, 2012 from The Litchfield County Times, Michael Lawlor, undersecretary for criminal justice policy and planning in the state Office of Policy and Management. Said:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Connecticut's law allows properly registered patients “to lawfully possess up to one month's supply of marijuana,” Lawlor said. “For the time being, one month's supply is 2.5 ounces.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]“Regardless of how someone came into possession” of the marijuana “or if they are growing their own, if they are properly registered, et cetera, they cannot be arrested,” Lawlor said.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Based on this man's position I would say a CT court would just drop the charges but that's just my take.[/SIZE]

3. What condition did they approve your MMJ card for out of curiosity?  I have beginning stages of glaucoma and am hopeful that i get approved.

4. Me too man!

Im starting to have scary vision issues. I think it is the start of glaucoma :(

I need medical cannabis ASAP, not chemical laden cannabis :(