just appeared in peat pellet

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BudDrJayy, Oct 10, 2018.

1. just saw this under a tiny tiny bit of surface from pear pellet, should i leave it open like this or cover it back up a little bit?

Attached Files:

2. Cover it up

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Why would you want to cover it up if the plants are trying to break woulsnt that just lut more stress?

4. I wouldn't cover it up, but if there's a lot of space in the hole, I use a clean screwdriver to back-shovel it to avoid the air pocket. I do that carefully without damaging the root. Did it to two of my seedlings last week.

5. what do you mean
    by doing that?

6. I mean to tighten up the well a little so to make better contact with the root.

7. upload_2018-10-10_8-21-13.png upload_2018-10-10_8-21-37.png upload_2018-10-10_8-22-1.png

I should have originally said backfill, not back shovel, whatever that means. I show what I mean using a rockwool cube in my example.
    Its not an important thing to do, lol. I was just saying I did that a couple days back. I thought it would be easier for the root to expand if it were actually touching the media... that, and there is less air/space for it to dry out or get contaminated.

Anyhow, I think I should use that small tool on my skull:GettingStoned:

8. Their gunna break surface eventually why rush it.