Just another first grow...I wanna testify!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by curdumulus, Jan 11, 2007.

1. I sucked the life outta this forum in prep for my first indoor grow, so I thought I'd regurgitate a little!
    I don't come here to offer advice, or extol the virtues of one method over another, just steppin' up to the podium to testify...
    Here's the history:
    One metal two-drawer filing cabinet, 14" X 27" X 27", drawers removed, door w/ 130 cfm muffin fan and carbon filter added.
    Six 23 watt CFLs, 4 2300k, 2 6500k mounted in 2, 3 lamp chrome bathroom fixtures to the interior sides. That's almost 10,000 lumens for roughly 2 sq ft.
    Cabinet interior painted satin white.
    With the lamps fixed in place at the top of the cabinet, I used the existing drawer guides as rails to support a removable, and thus, adjustable shelf. The shelf has 1/2 X 1/2" strips on the supported edge,so flipping the shelf over provides a 1/2" adjustment and the guide rails allow for 1" adjustment using the top or bottom edge of the guide rail.
    Seeds are NL/Shiva, 2 years old but refrigerated.
    Soaked three seeds overnight in a glass of water, folded into damp paper towel inside a baggie, resting on top of refrigerator for warmth. Two days later, all 3 sprouted!! Way sooner than I expected, and all 3 popped...I hoped for 2 to grow one female!
    First two weeks, seedling in 0ne-cup pots in MG (yes, I know, but they did great), covered with baggies, at 18/6. No photos, sorry.
    Next four weeks in 2 gallon rectangular plastic tubs in 50/50 potting soil/composted cow manure, at 24/7.
    LST'd after topping, topping again, and yes, topping again!! regular fim as tops raced each other to keep them roughly the same height.
    Now, they have been in 12/12 for 4 weeks, at week 2 a male was identified and eliminated.

Now 2 females at 6 weeks veg and 4 weeks flower, w/26 colas:

a hearty THANKS to to everyone sharing their grows and advice and photos!

Attached Files:

2. Oh, yeah, total investment: $76.40
    heh heh heh

3. good job brother on my first as well.............isn't the anxiety killing yah? lol I can't wait to be smoking my girls even though I don't wanna see them die by my hand oh well

4. beautiful plants, clever set-up:D +rep

5. Looks good to me...You passed....... :smoking:

6. Looks good to me...You passed....... :smoking: